Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

School contacted for student license?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
14331 Views, 4 Replies

School contacted for student license?

Hello everybody, I have a couple questions regarding student licenses.

I am currently a high-school junior and would like to access a free student license to Autodesk 3ds Max, any version possible. I looked at the registration form and began filling it out until I saw the part about school name and school URL. My school has very little in the way of art/graphic design/computer offerings, so I would like to teach myself how to use this product at home, completely independent from school. My first question is whether or not this is allowed. Even though I am not a graphic design/art student, am I still allowed to get a license?

In addition, will the school be contacted that I am registering with Autodesk using their name? I do not want administration to think that I am giving out info about the school and also do not want to bother anybody at the school with some kind of automated e-mail from Autodesk.

Lastly, I've done some research and I believe that part of the registration process involves proving that I am actually a student. The way that appears to be accomplished is by way of sending an e-mail to my school-based e-mail, but I do not have one. Is there some other way that I can prove that I am a student to Autodesk or am I up the creek without a paddle?

Any answers/help is greatly appreciated, and I look forward to hopefully being able to learn valuable new skills using Autodesk technology.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Brendan,

First of all welcome to the Community.

Thank you for your interest with the free student license, to address your concerns:

1. Since you are a student, you are eligible to register to the Autodesk Education Community site. Here's more information on who is eligible to join  the Autodesk Education Community.

2. The school information being requested is for records purposes only, your school will not be contacted regarding your registration to the site or that you are downloading the free student software.

3. With regard to the proof, in some cases, you may be required to provide proof that you satisfy one or more of the above eligibility requirements. However, that doesn't always happen and in some cases, you'll may just be asked to provide a proof such as your student badge or anything related to you being a student.

I hope this answers your concerns. Thanks.

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

Thank you for the welcome Jeffrey!

All of your answers were extremely helpful (not to mention the answers I was looking forward to hearing!) and I appreciate the quick response. I'm really excited to be able to learn 3D rendering as a side hobby!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

How would a home schooled student register to download student versions of the software?  With the requirement to supply a school URL, it seems that this is no longer an option, although I believe it was available in the past.

Message 5 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

according to this your not eligible

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Who-is-eligible-to-join-t...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report