Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
259 Views, 3 Replies

Saving issues

I am working on Revit 2014 and for some reason it will not allow me to save my work anymore.  Throughout the process of creating a project I have been able to save until today.  I know that my license is still valid, as I just installed the software last month and have over 1000 days of service.  The same error message appears:

Autodesk Revit 2014

Build: 20141024_2115(x64)

License unavailable.  Autodesk Revit 2014 is in viewer mode.

Viewer mode allows all runctionality of Revit, except the following: save or save as in all cases; exporting or publishing modified projects; exporting or publishing any projects to a format containing model data that can be modified; or printing projects after changes are made.

If anyone knows how to solve this issue, please let me know immediately.

Thank you,

BJ Patel

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
asburyj
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi BJ and welcome to the forum.

Is this a network license version of Revit? If so, have you confirmed the network license server is still up and has Revit licenses available?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: asburyj

Yes the license is still up, not sure why this is happening, but I tried to save the file again under a different name, and it saved this time.  Not sure why this would be happening, but is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening again?  I did have to start over fromt the last time I saved, which cost me almost two hours of work.

Message 4 of 4
asburyj
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you upload a copy of the debug log from your server? This should tell us why the license was unavailable and you had to go to viewer mode. 

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report