Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
198 Views, 2 Replies

Samba Read Only drive

I have moved a bunch of old jobs that are read-only for the staff to a Samba server. They all access it read only. Acad 2004 will not open a file from Windows Explorer. It says "File not found.." I believe it is because it can't write the .dwl file. That makes sense cause they have no write permissions. But it used to work when mounted on a NTFS drive. That too was read-ony but for some reason Acad did not even try to make the .dwl file. Is there a work-around? -mjm
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

MJM, Go to a console session on the Unix box and list the contents of your drawing file directory and make sure that the file names are lower case. If they are not, try renaming (mv) them to lower case and try again. If that helps there is a Samba force lower case parameter that can be invoked, check Samba documents for instructions. -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Professional Services "michael montagne" wrote in message news:40578137_3@newsprd01... > I have moved a bunch of old jobs that are read-only for the staff to a > Samba server. They all access it read only. Acad 2004 will not open a > file from Windows Explorer. It says "File not found.." I believe it is > because it can't write the .dwl file. That makes sense cause they have > no write permissions. But it used to work when mounted on a NTFS drive. > That too was read-ony but for some reason Acad did not even try to > make the .dwl file. Is there a work-around? > > -mjm
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks Jerry. I upgraded Samba to 3.0.2 and the problem went away. Seems it was a bug in Samba. Just recently fixed. jerry milana wrote: > MJM, > > Go to a console session on the Unix box and list the contents of your > drawing file directory and make sure that the file names are lower case. If > they are not, try renaming (mv) them to lower case and try again. If that > helps there is a Samba force lower case parameter that can be invoked, check > Samba documents for instructions. >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report