Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
111954 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 1101 of 1,174
camilo.lemos
in reply to: 12345678i

Hi there 12345678i and welcome to the community!

You can get a 3-year student license from the Education Community if you are enrolled in a degree granting institution and meet all the eligibility requirements.

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Message 1102 of 1,174

Installing as trial and entering the activation code when starting the program for the first time worked for me. Thanks for the tip!

Message 1103 of 1,174
ipbgeek
in reply to: brian.kling

Sorry to toss my hat in the ring especially as a new member, but my copy of autoCAD student is saying the serial is not valid as well. It was a brand new download, and my other downloads worked and activated fine (autodesk 3ds and maya), but not autoCad for some reason. I've noticed Maya , autodesk 3ds and autoCAD share a serial key, so I hope thats not a problem.

Message 1104 of 1,174
grace.liu
in reply to: ipbgeek

Hi ipbgeek,

Welcome to the Community!

There will share one serial number if you use the same user ID to request all products in Student Community , so please don't worry. Smiley Happy  And you could verify the product name and version you have requested successfully under your account in Student Community , please review this document. If the product was not under your account, please request it again.

For the serial number issue, you also could send me a Private Message (click on my grace.liu profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number and Product Key, I will help to check it.

Thanks,

Grace Liu

Message 1105 of 1,174
ritajygu

When I try to activate AutoCad 2014 for mac, it gives me an error like "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)" However, the serial number is correct from the email. I dont know whats going on 😞 

Message 1106 of 1,174
DeepeshGupta

i have dowmloade student version and i got serial no and key...after installation it is showing serial no error ....what should i do....student version id for 3 yrs and i m getting 30 days only.

Message 1107 of 1,174
jessica.t
in reply to: DeepeshGupta

Hi @DeepeshGupta and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

To reach our Activation and Registration department via Chat for Licensing Help please take the following steps:
1.    Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2.    Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance

If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 1108 of 1,174
spcpettit22

I cant get past step 3 it keeps saying try again in a few minutes and its not working.  Im trying to get the codes for AutoCad 2012 before my trial ends.  Need this for school. 

Message 1109 of 1,174
jessica.t
in reply to: spcpettit22

Hi @spcpettit22,

I just checked the page and everything appears to be working correctly. If no chat agents are available please the option to submit a case to the team who will be able to assist you as soon as possible!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 1110 of 1,174
CoryCee

Hey there,

I recently attempted to obtain a student license for Maya 2015 through the Education Community. I signed in, selected the appropriate version, language, and operating system from the drop-down menus, and was confronted with a pop-up window stating that license details couldn't be provided at this time. As suggested in the pop-up, I downloaded and installed the product and will be attempting to use it as a trial for 30 days. Every time I check back on the download page, however, I'm still unable to obtain a license for the product.

I've read replies saying to try and chat with someone from support, but the icon says that all representatives are busy, and I can't seem to find a queue to wait for someone to be free. Is there any way to get a license for the product before my trial runs out?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Message 1111 of 1,174
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: CoryCee

Hi Cory,

Is this true for all Products? Have you tried downloading other Products? 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 1112 of 1,174
CoryCee
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

I just attempted the same thing with 3ds Max to verify - same result.

Message 1113 of 1,174
LeoHart
in reply to: CoryCee

Same problem 😕

Not only with Maya with any Software that requires a new serial number.

In my opinion the "new" Education System is confusing. I dont have any idea how Autodesk can check if I'm realy a student. When the education systems was changed the information about university etc. are no display anymore. 

On my Account are a lot of Services listed. Under Products there is only the Software that I have already a serial.

But why I can not get a serial for a new product?

Maybe three years passed? I don't no...

Message 1114 of 1,174
electriclimit

I receive a similar message to those below, except it says "...license key unavailable..", rather than "..temporarily out of..." for all products I'm attempting to download at the moment. Revit and Mudbox.

I haven't bothered with any others as the first failed. I managed to download and install Flow Design and 3DS Max last week with no issues. Revit however, showed this error, then followed with a failed install of the trial version. I showed the same error when I looked at Mudbox following that.

I'm going to hazard a guess, rather than test, that I would receive this same error, and possibly failed install for every product at the moment. Maybe I'll try later this week and see if you have it resolved.

Honestly, I really appreciate the availability, but it seems you're having a lot of errors lately, and it doesn't do much good if you can't access it.

Thanks,
Message 1115 of 1,174
camilo.lemos
in reply to: LeoHart

Hi everyone,

We are aware of the issue affecting student version serial numbers and are working to get it resolved ASAP. For now, please download your Autodesk student software (the download button is still enabled after you click off the error message) and use it as a trial (same features as the student version).

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Camilo Lemos

Message 1116 of 1,174
humgar1

Hope the issues are fixed soon! Thanks for working at it, and I appreciate what you do for us students!
Message 1117 of 1,174

Hello, my name is Olivia Edwards. Autodesk ID - oliviaedwards88

I keep getting a error and try again message when I attempt to get a serial number. 

I've been trying for almost 30 days and my trials for both Autodesk AutoCAD & 3DS Max are both running out. I can prove I'm a student with an email from my education authority.

Please can you respond ASAP as I don't want to fall behind with work.

Thank you.

Message 1118 of 1,174
BlairCDN

Brian,  

As you can see, I have request #170487 which can be verified. WE NEED A SERIAL # AND PRODUCT KEY EMAILED ASAP.  

My issue is that I have a design compeition on Monday, and all my designs are inside the APP and my 30 day trial just ended, and I cannot get the system to give me a new serial number.

We've been in this loop now for a while trying to solve it, so we decided to start the 30 day trial and start our designs...and now 30 days later, same issue.  So we just created a new user account (this one) and ran into this AGAIN!!!   We downloaded 

We're sorry we cannot provide you with your license details at this time.  
Possible solutions
  1. Wait a few minutes and try again.
  2. Use the Download button to download and install your software, and use it in "trial mode" for up to 30 days. Return to this page before the trial period ends to obtain your serial number by re-selecting your product's version, language, and operating system.

HELP

Message 1119 of 1,174
BlairCDN
in reply to: camilo.lemos

As you can see, I have request #170487 which can be verified. WE NEED A SERIAL # AND PRODUCT KEY EMAILED ASAP.  

My issue is that I have a design compeition on Monday, and all my designs are inside the APP and my 30 day trial just ended, and I cannot get the system to give me a new serial number.

Message 1120 of 1,174
jessica.t
in reply to: BlairCDN

Hello everyone!

The Education Community serial number issue appears to be resolved! Please try logging into the Education Community at this time and try requesting a serial number. If the problem persists please let us know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report