Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
114803 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 221 of 1,174
Anonymous
in reply to: arlinpega.bibat

Untitled.jpg

The blank activation screen is the erroe I keep getting. As I've said, I've already tried all of the suggested fixes around it, with no luck. I can't get the request code at all...

Message 222 of 1,174
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Lucaris:

I checked on the screen shot you provided. Please verify if you are running a trial version. If you are, please update the serial number information first by following the steps provided on this link:http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=3yearlicense_faq#10. Then you may proceed with the activation process from here.

If you are not running a trial version, you may follow the steps provided through this link:

Should you encounter any further activation issue, please let me know the serial number through Private Message together with the request code so I may manually activate it for you. 

Thank you!

Arlin Bibat
Message 223 of 1,174
Anonymous

Yes, I am running a trial version and it is the student version as well. The problem is is that the screen with the request code appears blank. I have updated my serial number and tried again, still no luck.

Message 224 of 1,174
arlinpega.bibat

Hi Lucaris:

Here's how you can get your request code:ttp://autode.sk/tL3v4D. This is the same as the following steps:

1. Run the program
2. Pull down menu 'Help'
3. Click on 'About'
4. Click the Production Information button at the right hand corner
5. Click on the Activate button
6. On this page you will be able to view Product, Serial Number and Request Code

Once you have it, send it to us through Private Message together with the serial number so we may help you in activating your product.

Arlin Bibat
Message 225 of 1,174
Anonymous

I dis all of the suggested steps. I click on the activate button and then I check the Aoutodesk Privacy Policy, and then I press Continue.

I still get the blank request code screen. I can't see anything aside from two radio buttons.

I'm trying to install the student version of Maya 2012. Maybe it's because I have the student version of Mudbox 2011?

Message 226 of 1,174
Anonymous
in reply to: brian.kling

I made a huge mistake and downloaded the 64 bit version when my computer's a 32.  Can I be saved?

Message 227 of 1,174
Angelo.A

Hi kjoos91, you should be able to go back to the same Autodesk web page where you got the 64 bit version, and select the 32 bit download version this time.

Angelo Aramayo
Front Desk Representative

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 228 of 1,174
arlinpega.bibat

Hi Lucaris:

i was able to finally pull-up your information in our record. I will send you the details through private message. Your serial number has already been activated on January 20, 2011.

Thank you! 

Arlin Bibat
Message 229 of 1,174
arlinpega.bibat

Hi Eli0604:

I got your screen shot. You may try the suggested resolution on this link:http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/License-issue-Error-20-on-Windows-7-Maya-2011/t...

1: Pull up run and type in services.msc

2: Ckick on the standard tab at the bottom.

3: Find FLEXnet licensing service.

4: Right click on it and press propoties.

5: Make the start-up type Automatic.

6: Under “service Status”, press start

As mentioned, should you encounter any further issue,  do post the installation log file here (it should be in %temp% folder).maya*.log.

Thank you.

Arlin Bibat
Message 230 of 1,174
Anonymous

How do I install autoCADLT?  Start from the very basic.

Message 231 of 1,174
philip.s

drboushek,

To install AuotCAD LT, you must first download the software from the Education Community (assuming you are a student), and run the download or .exe file to begin the installation / extraction process. The following instructional links will help guide you through the rest of the steps needed to get the program up and running.

How to configure and install Autodesk software - LINK

How to register and activate Autodesk software - LINK

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or inquiries and I'd be more than happy to accommodate.

Message 232 of 1,174
arlinpega.bibat

Hi drboushek:

You may follow the instruction from this video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFA1kOdlQQw. The same principle applies to AutoCAD LT.

Thank you!

Arlin Bibat
Message 233 of 1,174
Anonymous

Hello. Recently i was forced to format my pc and i had my motherboard changed because the previous one died.

now i downloaded Autodesk 3DS max 2012 so i can start doing some fun projects but when i go to the activation licence and i enter the activation code i was sent when i first registered the product the code is 2 boxes short and sais its not correct.

Was there any changes to the licence method? The unfortunate fact is that i couldn't export my licence due to my broken motherboard. 

Message 234 of 1,174
philip.s

Hi kenichikun92,

The activation code that you first received will only be valid with the corresponding request code that generated it. Please note that these codes are randomly generated, varying in length, and don't necessarily need to fill up all of the boxes.

I can provide you with a new activation code if you send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name, and then "Send this user a Private Message") with your serial number and request code.

If you're still experiencing issues and or have additional questions or inquiries, please reply to this post and I'll gladly facilitate.

Message 235 of 1,174
mdfriend

Here's a problem I would love to get fixed...

Why am I getting this? I installed the software the same way I did on all 20 of my other computers. The serial number is correct.

Message 236 of 1,174
camilo.lemos
in reply to: mdfriend

Hi mdfriend.

I have taken note of the serial number you posted and removed the attachment from your message for security reasons.

I'll follow this up with you via private messages here in the forums.

Thanks,

Camilo

Camilo Lemos

Message 237 of 1,174
Anonymous
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi,

I'm a CG french student and I have downloaded and installed the student version of 3DSmax but at the activation time,a white page with only two points to mark. I desactivated my firewall and my antivirus software but it doesn't seem to work (I'm on windows seven).Can you help me (and excuse me if I made mistakes when writing this message) ?

Message 238 of 1,174
Anonymous

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Julian,a multimedia student from Hong Kong.Recently I installed OS and Maya+3dsMax on my new SSD because the old one is faulty.

However,I am unable to activate the Maya because I didn't deactivate until harddisk failure.It shows "Activation Limit Reached (Error : 10) ".

And the weird thing is,I can activate the 3dsMax,because even I activated it,it shows as "Not yet activated" on student.autodesk.com .

I hope this can be fixed very soon because I need to use Maya urgently for my project,which counts 40% of my result.I am also sorry for my bad English.

Yours Sincerely

Julian

Message 239 of 1,174
joane.bonghanoy

Hi victor.debatisse,

Please refer to this link for the troubleshooting steps of the Blank/White Screen error during Activation: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Blank-Activation-Screen/m-p/3293401#M41518.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 240 of 1,174
joane.bonghanoy

Hi JulianLau,

Please Private Message me your Serial Number and the Request Code.

The request code is a series of random digits and letters which will appear on your screen when you begin the activation process. If you are activating the software for the first time, you will have two options: <Run> or <Activate>, please click on <Activate> and you will be able to view the Request Code and enter your serial number and product key.

Otherwise please take the following steps:

1) From the pull down menu <Help> and click <About>.

2) Click on <Product Information> button at the top right hand corner.

3) Click on <Activate> button.

4) On this page, you will be able to view Product Serial Number and Request Code

Joane Bonghanoy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report