Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
113150 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 1121 of 1,174
jwilley
in reply to: jessica.t

I have been trying to obtain the serial for Autodesk Smoke 2015 for several days now.  I get the "We're sorry we cannot provide you with your license details at this time" error.  I have had no issues getting other apps for my personal PC, or when using ARC at my school.   Any help on this error?

jwilley

Message 1122 of 1,174
camilo.lemos
in reply to: jwilley

Hi jwilley, 

Please, create a new account on the Education Community using a different e-mail address and try again to obtain the serial number.

Let me know if this works for you!.

Camilo Lemos

Message 1123 of 1,174
Mazew888
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hey,

Just tried this soloution and I am still getting the error. It has been happening for two weeks now. 

Message 1124 of 1,174
jwilley
in reply to: Mazew888

I created a new account with a new email. As soon as I did, my old account worked! I have no idea what finally did it.
Message 1125 of 1,174
jessica.t
in reply to: Mazew888

Hi @Mazew888,

Apologies for the trouble but the issue should now be resolved. If you could clear your cookies and cache and try one more time you should be good to go. If the problem persists please let me know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 1126 of 1,174
RMITDAMIEN

Since i dont have the time to read 1125 messages that I am guessing say the same thing over and over again, I will instead just ask a question...

Why does Autodesk assume everyone downloads their software after making an account? I purchased my software from a reputable reseller. It did not come with a serial number. Instead, I need to obtain this from Autodesk. So my next question is why does EVERY single piece of information on Autodesks website say FINDING your serial number? its everywhere. 

Why is there NO WHERE on the Autodesk websites that says 'OBTAIN A SERIAL NUMBER' ? Seems pretty logical to me. Why must someone like myself need to end up on forums such as this? I purchased Adobe software, went on there website, applied for a serial number, sent them my teaching credentials, got an email back few hrs later with my serial. Done, in less than a day. 

I even used the automated help from autodesk and even that got confused with my problem! Obtain you say? no no, you already have it... um.. NO i don't... <insert face palm here>

Message 1127 of 1,174
jessica.t
in reply to: RMITDAMIEN

Hi @RMITDAMIEN,

I believe your concern was address in this thread by @joane.bonghanoy. Please let us know if you need further assistance! Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 1128 of 1,174
playmobil555
in reply to: brian.kling

HI how do u find the serial no and license no.? where do i get it from?

student from singapore 

Message 1129 of 1,174
mrentz91
in reply to: playmobil555

I have downloaded Inventor 2014 and got it installed.  However, it is telling me that my serial number isn't valid once I try to activate.  I have uninstalled and redownloaded, and, it still doesn't work.  Can someone please help?

Thanks

Message 1130 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: mrentz91

Hi @playmobil555! Eligible students are able to obtain free licenses through the Autodesk Education Community. Have you registered for an account / attempted to download one of the software offerings yet?

@mrentz91 can you please contact our License Assistance Team for direct activation support if you're still in need?

To find self-service solutions or reach us via Chat for Activation and Licensing Help:
Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
Select “I Still Need Help” if you need personal assistance.

Message 1131 of 1,174

You can get it from the product page, prior to download. It should become
available when you enter your OS information, language, etc.., but it might
take a minute to show up. Else, you might receive another answer here, or
find one above that may help.

Cheers,
Message 1132 of 1,174
jdeerepower
in reply to: philip.s

I have a follow-up question to that.  My son has Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013 on his laptop currently.  The laptop has to be wiped out and OS reinstalled.  Just today he activated his account on here, so will he be able to install this (or a newer version) without any problems?  Otherwise, I guess he'll have to save the current one to a USB stick and reinstall it from there, but I would assume he would have to know the serial number, product key, etc.  I think it would be easier for him to just download from your site if that will work...any thoughts?

Message 1133 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: jdeerepower

Hi @jdeerepower!

Your son could certainly redownload the 2013 software, or one of the newer versions (assuming he's still an eligible member of the Education Community). 

Where can I find my Serial Number in the Education Community - LINK

If you ends up reinstalling the 2013 version, he might need to contact our License Assistance Team for direct activation support if prompted with a reactivation limit error and is not able to process with the self service options.

To find self-service solutions or reach us via Chat for Activation and Licensing Help:
Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
Select “I Still Need Help” if you need personal assistance.

Message 1134 of 1,174
Romas2117
in reply to: brian.kling

Hi
how I can reload AutoCAD 2013 program, I am change computer ,previous computer Brocken, graphic card
sincerely Romas
Message 1135 of 1,174
jessica.t
in reply to: Romas2117

Hi @Romas2117,

You can re-download your software at anytime directly through our Virtual Agent. If you have any other questions please respond to this post. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 1136 of 1,174

I Changed my pc then after installing revit with the prodect key autodesk provided to me on my old pc , i can't activate the product(revit 2014) it gives me  Reactivation Limit Reached
You have already activated your product on the maximum number of computers permitted by your license. 

what should i do ! 

Message 1137 of 1,174

Hi there architect_abdultwab_elmasry,

I can manually generate the Active Code for you, just please send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number and Request Code

Alternatively, you can also contact our Registration and Activation team directly for any Activation issues (choose Activation and Registration from the dropdown list). 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 1138 of 1,174
abolhassankhalid
in reply to: Mike

Message 1139 of 1,174
jtfowler3

I downloaded the 3-yr. student version Revit Architecture 2015 for my class and launched Revit.

I have my Ser#, Product Key#, & Activation Code, however, I wasn't prompted to enter any of these codes.  I assume I haven't registered the product.

How can I complete registration?

Message 1140 of 1,174
jtfowler3
in reply to: jtfowler3

I guess I was automatically registered.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report