Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
112056 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 1141 of 1,174
jtfowler3
in reply to: jtfowler3

I had an on-line chat with a REVIT rep. - he indicated that my product was automatically registered.  Great news.

Message 1142 of 1,174
jessica.t

Hi @jtfowler3 and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

It sounds like your product has been activated but you can check under Help > About. Or you can determine the serial number through licpath.lic. If you find your serial number in one of these locations your product has been activated. If not, you will be prompted to activate upon opening your product next.

Hopefully this helps! If you have any other questions please respond to this post. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 1143 of 1,174
jtfowler3
in reply to: jessica.t

Thanks Jessica.  The AutoDesk On-Line chat representitive guided me to the information and confirmed my activation.  Great service & I'm I'm anxious to explore Revit 2015

Message 1144 of 1,174
jessica.t

You're welcome, @jtfowler3! I'm glad you got it all worked out! Smiley Happy

Jessica Thrasher
Message 1145 of 1,174

I will need revit 2014 product serial number & autocad 2014 product serial number 

THANK YOU

Message 1146 of 1,174
jessica.t
in reply to: singhjaspal991

Hi @singhjaspal991,

Please visit the Education Community so that you can register for Revit 2014. If you have any questions please reply to this post. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 1147 of 1,174
qiwi0bird
in reply to: brian.kling

My Product Key is not working. I enter it right but the program answers there is something wrong in it. What should I do now? I've attached the printscreens.

I checked it out, it's ok:

Please be aware that this is a public forum posting serial numbers or personal information is not advise
Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 1148 of 1,174
Romas2117

Hi,a litle patience,for me was same,but I wating 2-3 days end got rite serial num.

Message 1149 of 1,174
jessica.t
in reply to: qiwi0bird

Hi @qiwi0bird,

Did you by chance try typing in the code instead of copying and pasting? That often times helps, as trivial as it sounds. Also, do you have any other Autodesk products installed on this machine? Sometimes new activations pull in old licensing. If that's the case you may want to try uninstalling and re-installing.

If the problem persists please contact the Activation and Registration department for direct licensing assistance:

1.    Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2.    Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance

Please reply to this post with any other questions or concerns. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 1150 of 1,174
radski100
in reply to: jessica.t

Cheers ae, that was it 🙂

Have a good one 🙂
Message 1151 of 1,174
ryan-oconnor

Pretty recently i have started a game design course in Melbourne Australia, and upon starting the course i had to get codes for your products, due to unfortunate circumstances i no longer have any liscences left, so i applied for a new one. upon receiving said Liscence code I have tried multiple ways but cannot find a place to input the 56 digit activation code i was given. if you could let me know where to put this code and maybe even update the email you recive upon getting the code to let you know in a bit more detail where the code goes. thank you so much for your time and ai hope you take this into consideration, i hope to hear from you soon.

Ryan O'Connor

Message 1152 of 1,174
eva.kaup

I got an installation for 3ds Max from the Autodesk website. However I can't use the code I was given: My serial number isn't marked wrong, however my product key generates the error : "The product key entered is not valid. Verify and re-enter it". I have tried using the keys several times now over the course of the 30 day trial version, but it never worked. I have registered 3Ds Max on the autodesk website and rechieved an activation code. But I don't now how it will help me, since on the activation display there is no place to put it.

Please reply, I really need the software 🙂

Message 1153 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: eva.kaup

Hello @eva.kaup!

Can you please confirm that your product key matches up with what's listed for the product below? 

2015: Product keys for Autodesk products

2014: Product keys for Autodesk products

2013: Product keys for Autodesk products

How to find the Serial Number and Product Key for your Autodesk product

If so and you're still experiencing issues, can you then contact our License Assistance Team for direct activation support.

To find self-service solutions or reach us via Chat for Activation and Licensing Help:
Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
Select “I Still Need Help” if you need personal assistance.

Message 1154 of 1,174
sa.gomez774
in reply to: philip.s

Good morning,

sorry for write to you in another discusion but i need to activate my Autocad 2015 and Revit 2015 and always i try this error appears:

"Your online activation request has returned an error (400) which is not allowing your request to be processed using our automated systems.

Click the "Use another method" link below to complete the necessary forms and submit your request to the local Autodesk Business Center for your area. A Customer Service Representative will respond within the next 2 business days."

Can you help me with the activation of both programs? I don't understand why always the option of online activation never works, always resend instantly this error

Thank's you.

Pd: I've already done the manual activation and I have an Autodesk activation code, but the error persist when I try it manually.

Message 1155 of 1,174
camilo.lemos
in reply to: sa.gomez774

Hi @sa.gomez774 and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Can you please try disabling your firewall and anti-virus programs and try entering the activation code again?

Let me know if this works, please. 

Camilo Lemos

Message 1156 of 1,174

The activation code is not working  for autocad and gives me the following error message:
Registration-Activation Error (0015.111)

There is a problem with the activation code that you entered. Click one of the following links.

I had a hardrive failure and needed to reinstall autocad (student version)

I have now received a new activation code from autodesk twice but both 

give me the same error message.

this is my request code:
6FXG 8JCF 1YUX 5DWA C29V Y2T9 TDD3 EWVZ

what do I have to do?

Message 1157 of 1,174

Hi @annabelle.guldner and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

For direct licensing assistance, please contact our Activation and Registration department with your serial number, request code, and the product / version that you are trying to activate:

1.    Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2.    Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance

If you have any other questions or concerns please reply to this email. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 1158 of 1,174
NSchaff

I have downloaded AUTODESK 3ds max and when I try to use my product key and serial number to activate my liscence, it says

The product key entered is not valid. Verify and re-enter it.

I have checked and I know that that is the correct product key I was given for my "Educational Master Suite 2015 Multi-seat Stand alone"

Message 1159 of 1,174
simona.golisciano
in reply to: NSchaff

Hello NSchaff,

Welcome to our forums.

I have checked your license details. As your serial number corresponds to Autodesk 3ds Max 2015 and not to Autodesk Education Master Suite 2015, please make sure that you use the Product Key for 3ds Max and not the Product Key fot the Suite. The Product Key for Autodesk 3ds Max 2015 is 128G1

You can find the list of Product Keys for our products on our website:

How to find the Serial Number and Product Key for your Autodesk product

Kind regards,

Simona Golisciano
Message 1160 of 1,174

My code doesn't work! What should I do? I don't know how to generate a new code. My License is a Students' License. SOS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report