Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
113363 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 961 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: tinwid

Hi Adam!

Did you use the Install Now delivery method? If so, the software automatically activates during the download and installation process, behind the scenes 🙂

Message 962 of 1,174

Hello, I am a student and I downloaded the 3ds Max Design software however a message pops up saying 

"We're sorry we cannot provide you with a serial number at this time.
Please proceed to download and install your software, and use it in "trial mode" for up to 30 days.
Return to this site before then to obtain your serial number from the free software link."

Can you let me know how I can obtain the serial number please.

Message 963 of 1,174

I also tried to create a new account, and download the software again, but this failed. Please can you help me?
Message 964 of 1,174

Hello Kerrianna!

Could have been a temporary system glitch as I was able to login with both of your accounts and obtain 3ds Max Design licenses. Can you try again on your end and verify? If the issue is still present, can you also provide specific product version (32 or 64bit + language) information?

Message 965 of 1,174

Thank You! Yes there was probably a glitch in the system. I am now able to see my license. Thank You again 😄
Message 966 of 1,174

You're most very welcome!

Message 967 of 1,174
romainrey99
in reply to: brian.kling

Hi, I have just sucribe for an Studant account. I have receive my serial number and my product key. but when i enter it, it say's that the product key is wong. !!! Any idea ??? 

Message 968 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: romainrey99

Welcome to the community Romain!

What product / version are you installing? What product key are you using?

Message 969 of 1,174
romainrey99
in reply to: philip.s

Hi,

I finely succeed to use the key, I had to cancel the installation and reinstall the program and it work.
Sorry the taking your time.
Message 970 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: romainrey99

No need to apologize / happy to hear that you were able to get it to work 🙂

Message 971 of 1,174
adeyemopaul

Hi i have tried for week to get a serial number this is the message i get !! ... We apologize, we are temporarily out of serial numbers for this product. You may download and install the 30 day trial version. Return to this page prior to or at the expiration of your 30 day trial to obtain your serial number for activation... Can you please help me i need this for school and i am starting to fall behind.
Message 972 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: adeyemopaul

Hi Paul,

This one is typically caused by a backend data issue with your account. As a workaround, can you please create a new Education Community account using a different email address and let us know if that resolves the issue?

Message 973 of 1,174
hysteryk7

Hi, I have a problem with activating AutoCAD 2014. When i try to do it error 400 ocurs. I have beed succesfully using AutoCAD 2013 before and had no such problems. I hope you can help me.

Message 974 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: hysteryk7

Hi Pipi!

Can you please either send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number + request code, or contact our License Assistance Team for direct support.

Message 975 of 1,174
birthe.raecke

Error 400 with Autocad 2013. I ran the 30 days trial before and now I cant connect to the automatic activation.
Is there anything you can do?
Message 976 of 1,174
camilo.lemos
in reply to: adeyemopaul

Hi Birthe,

I have received your private message and will be helping you with this issue via private message.

Best regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 977 of 1,174
cx14c

Hi Philip,

I am the person who sent the PM =>  "I wasn't sure whether to send a PM or ask the question on the forum, because I saw that most questions regarding Studica were replied via PM.

I'm a student currently interested in buying the Autodesk suites via Studica, (seen here: http://www.studica.com/Autodesk-for-students) however I'm somewhat unsure about the legality, since the prices seem so low. I want to make sure that they are an authorized retailer and that buying with them is legal before commiting to buying. Is there any way you can confirm this, or can point me in the direction of someone who knows?"

As you answered that this question could be interesting in the Forum, I'm posting it here, so you answer can be shared by the community

In your answer, you mentioned that the student suites vastly differ from a commercial license. Do you mean the license and use or the programs' features?

Thank you a lot!!

Eric
Message 978 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: cx14c

Hi Eric!

The program behavior is the same between a student suite and commercial license, however the actual licenses are different, mainly that anything produced with a student license may not be used for profit, commercial, or professional gains.

Hope that helps clarify and please let me know if I can provide additional info!

Message 979 of 1,174
bisbeebc

I recieved a serial # and product key and still for some reason Revit Architecture 2012 fails to install properly. It gets me all the way the the end of the install and 1 out of 3 portions of the the software say "failed". I then click Finish and the screen disapears< but still the software is not installed, no desktop icon, no record in my downloads and nothing in programs file. It seems I am not the only one in class having this problem. Please advise on what next to do.

Joel

Message 980 of 1,174

Hi,

I have got problem with activation. My serial number doesnt work.  I cant activate online (error 400) . I also tried to acitvate softwares here :https://registeronce.autodesk.com, I got error 2. I would be grateful for your help.

Mariusz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report