Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
111956 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 941 of 1,174
mugz20
in reply to: jessica.t

i have tried the install now method and recieve a message saying decompressing failed

Message 942 of 1,174
sufiymomoh
in reply to: brian.kling

im having problems activating mine and get past the first run. it keeps showing me this screen. the attached file

Message 943 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: mugz20

Hi Mike,

Are you able to download the software via the Browser Download option on a different computer, and then transfer the executable file(s) over to yours?

Message 944 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: sufiymomoh

Hi Sufiyanu!

Have you also tried disabling your firewall and turning off your antivirus software?

Message 945 of 1,174
sufiymomoh
in reply to: philip.s

I down loaded straight into my computer and installed, it just wouldn't do
the first run, I'm using the student version

--
sufiyanu momoh
Draftsman- Physical Plant Engineering Services- SIUC
Masters of Science in Architecture 2014

Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Message 946 of 1,174
philip.s

Understood, and one of the potential blockers of that first run initialization / licensing check can be firewall and antivirus software. Are you able to give that a shot and let us know if it makes any difference?

Message 947 of 1,174
sufiymomoh

i just tried that and it didnt make any difference

--
sufiyanu momoh

Message 948 of 1,174
kechua20
in reply to: brian.kling

Hi,

I've been looking through this forum and haven't really seen anyone with my particular problem. Everyone else seems to be having problems with obtaining their serial numbers, but I'm having a problem getting mine to work. I installed Entertainment Creation Suite Ultimate 2013 on my mac (So the only three programs that are compatible with it were Maya, Mudbox and Sketchbook Designer). Maya and Sketchbook work fine but for some reason, Mudbox refuses to be activated with my serial number. 

It keeps telling me that my serial number is invalid, which makes no sense because I've used it to activate maya and it worked perfectly fine. 

I've spoken to an online registration and activation help person but he was extremely non-helpful. Almost seemed bothered to be recieving my problem. Is there anyone on this forum that can help me? I'm really desperate for this program to work. If it helps, with the mac, There wasn't a prompt to install the entertainment suite as a WHOLE. rather, I had to go in it's individual MacOSX folder and manually install maya, mudbox and sketchbook designer. The setup.exe doesn't open on mac's, so I'm not sure if this is how I'm actually supposed to be installing the suite on my mac, or if there's any other way I can install the suite as a whole. If that has nothing to do with my serial number suddenly being a problem then forget it. 

Also, I did not run out of time yet to activate my product. I still have a couple of days but I don't want to get to the point where I no longer can't. Can anyone please help me!!! Is there a way I can just be remotely activated from their head quarters (I'm stretching I know but I really need this to work)

Message 949 of 1,174

Hey Folks,

I have a problem with my AutoDesk Revit 2014. I download the Installation on my computer, copy the Key from this site and insert it. But everytime I try to start the program I get this problem:

"Licensing System Error 30: failed to start AdLM"

I really need this program for my studies, and it would be great If you could help me as soon as possible.

Best regards

jasmin

Message 950 of 1,174

when trying to open my student version of Maya 2014 this is the msg that I get. Please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks, 

TJ Mullins

License was not obtained

License method:

can't determine license method

Product choice:

can't determine product choice

License file override:

environment variable MAYA_ALT_EN is not set

Message 951 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: timothy.jmullins

Hello Timothy!

Looking through the Discussion Forums, I was able to find a couple of relevant threads that might be a good starting point.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/License-issue-Error-20-on-Windows-7-Maya-2011/t...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/ERROR-20-WHATS-UP/m-p/3193202 

Specifically,

As Licensing is almost the same for most Autodesk products.

http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk-3ds-max/installation---hardware---os/the-software-license-ch...

You can also try to add license service exe(C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService64.exe) to DEP exceptions (http://www.online-tech-tips.com/windows-xp/disable-turn-off-dep-windows/)

Close the application, then delete the casecadeinfo.cas file located in the following directory and try running again:

Windows 7:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\AdLM\

Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\AdLM\

Another user posted that a system restore resolved their issue.

Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue, or reply with additional specifics if the problem persists.

Message 952 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: Tubaman

Hello Daniel,

Following up from your PM, it looks like there is actually only one check mark (next to your product key) and the one next to your serial number is missing, hence the inability to proceed. 

While you entered the serial number correctly, this appears to be related to an Education Community account issue as your associated serial number is missing the last digit. In order to obtain a valid serial number, can you please create a new Education Community account using a different email address.

Message 953 of 1,174
Tubaman

Yes, I can try creating a new account.
Message 954 of 1,174
liang.wu
in reply to: mugz20

Hi, I am student in Texas Tech University. I have a problem in attaining my serial number. The system just said "We're sorry we cannot provide you with a serial number at this time....." 

Please can anyone help me with this issue?

Message 955 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: liang.wu

Hello Liang!

What product are you trying to obtain a license for? Have you tried the previously mentioned workaround of creating a new Education Community account with a different email address?

Message 956 of 1,174
sufiymomoh

No because this is the only student email address I have

--
sufiyanu momoh

Message 957 of 1,174
philip.s

You can actually use any email address (gmail, yahoo, edu, etc..) to register for the Education Community 🙂

Message 958 of 1,174
liang.wu

Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to download AutoCad 2014 and get the serial number.

In fact, this is my second account. I have created a few new accounts, but that didn't work...

Message 959 of 1,174
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: liang.wu

Dear liang.wu,

We understand where you are coming from and we apologize for the inconvenience. Rest assured that we are working towards improving the system we currently using to provide a better service to you and the rest of Education Community users.Smiley Happy

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 960 of 1,174
tinwid

Hello

I've just downloaded Autocad Architecture 2014 and Showcase 2014. I obtained the serial number and product keys to each of them. Unfortunately, I haven't been asked to activate these programs. Where can I do this ?

Hope to get a quick response 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report