Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
111934 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 801 of 1,174
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: a1n4s8

Hi a1n4s8,

If by reset the Serial Number, you meant providing you a different Serial Number, note that Serial Numbers or Licenses downloaded from the Education Community site is unique per account. Thus only 1 Serial Number is provided per account or profile. 

However, if the result you want to accomplish here is to re-install the software and re-activate it to a new machine, there's no need to change the Serial Number. Once you have downloaded and install it, feel free to contact our Registration and Activation team for assistance in activating the License. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 802 of 1,174

Hi MasterMarik,

Please send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number and Request Code

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 803 of 1,174
MALENA77
in reply to: brian.kling

Me compre una licencia de estudiante de 3DS Max 9, y me comentan qeu el 31/01/13 la misma ha expirado, ¿Cómo puedo activarla?. Cuando la adquirí no sabia que la misma expiraba.

Message 804 of 1,174
bhogpatib
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

I'm a new member (regitered on 29th March) and I want to learn Maya. I got the the s.no and key for the 2013 version and I started downloading using "Download Now" option but cancelled midway as I found out that new 2014 version has come out (lots of great feature!).

Unfortuantely, I'm not seeing the 2014 version in my downloads page. Can I download the Maya 2014 30-day trial and use my 2013 product key with it since I've not used it yet? 

Thank you.

Message 805 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: MALENA77

Hello Maria,

For future reference please ensure that all purchases are made through an Autodesk Authorized Reseller. In this case, I would contact whoever you purchased it from and request a refund.

With that being said, are you still a student? If so you might qualify for free termed licenses via our Education Community. Check out the eligibility requirements for more info.

Message 806 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: bhogpatib

Hi Bhogpati,

You can definitely install and run the program in a trial mode for the time being, but as your 2013 licensing info would not work with the 2014 software, you would need to wait until the 2014 software is available in the Education Community to activate.

Message 807 of 1,174
bhogpatib

I checked the Maya main site and they too don't currently have the 2014 trial version.
Also, I think my serial number would be the same even for the 2014 version only the common product key would change from 657E1 to 657F1.

From the download center:
"When you select a product for download from the Education Community, you'll receive one Serial Number that will be used for all subsequent product download requests."

Message 808 of 1,174
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: bhogpatib

Hi bhogpatib,

Yes indeed you are correct, only one Serial Number is provided for all Licenses/Products downloaded from the Education Community Site per account

However, we have not released Maya 2014 yet thus you cannot see the download link in both the Trial Version page or in the EDU Site. No updates on its release date, but once released the Trial Version page will already be showing 2014 instead of 2013. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 809 of 1,174
coolcom5
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Hello Autodesk,

We have a site licence in our college for Autodesk but the PCs in our Labs cannot currently support 2013+. Only 2011. During mid-term the college reinstalled Max but now we cannot use our 2011 version as registration only allows 2013+. We have been told this is part of Autodesk agreement. Surely we can use 2011. Please advise. I have 30 students waiting to use it !!!

Coolcom5

Message 810 of 1,174
aadinegoro

My trial is expired in one day but I have been getting this msg:

We're sorry we cannot provide you with a serial number at this time.
Please proceed to download and install your software, and use it in "trial mode" for up to 30 days.
Return to this site before then to obtain your serial number from the free software link.

Message 811 of 1,174
camilo.lemos
in reply to: coolcom5

Hi coolcom5,

Can you please send me your serial number via private message (click on my screenname camilo.lemos and then on Send This User a Private Message)? 

I will need to have a look at your license to see where this limitation is coming from.

Thank you.

Camilo Lemos

Message 812 of 1,174
coolcom5
in reply to: aadinegoro

After College recent Max reinstalll we cannot use our v 2011. I have 30
students waiting to use it. PCs not suitable for 2013+. Help !!!
Message 813 of 1,174
camilo.lemos
in reply to: aadinegoro

Hi aadinegoro, 

What software and version are you not getting a serial number for?

Thank you,

Camilo Lemos

Message 814 of 1,174
aadinegoro
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Not able to get serial number and product key issues Maya 2013 for MAC

I got this msg:

We're sorry we cannot provide you with a serial number at this time.
Please proceed to download and install your software, and use it in "trial mode" for up to 30 days.
Return to this site before then to obtain your serial number from the free software link.
Message 815 of 1,174

Hi I am a new student and am trying to get Maya 2013 to work on my machine. When I login using my credentials and select Maya 2013 to download I get the message "Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault".

Even so i downloaded Maya and tried the supplied SN and Key but it wont work.

I have also tried to register using a different email address and creating a new autodesk account as some of the comunity manager suggested. It does not work.

Please help!

Message 816 of 1,174
in reply to: 08092876

How can i get the serial Nomber Autodex Mudbox 2013..

Message 817 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: 01121119447

My apologies for the inconvenience everyone.

We were experiencing in the Education Community earlier today which was not allowing users to select their school during the registration process and automatically associating Magenta Academy. In turn this caused certain products not to show up in the Download Center and an "Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault" message to display.

With that being said this has just been resolved and the site is once again fully functional. In order to access the site benefits, please create a new Education Community account using a different email address as your existing profile is corrupt.

Thank you very much for your patience and please let us know if you continue to experience any problems, issues, or errors.

Message 818 of 1,174
erica.peek

i cant find my code or product key serial number nothing

Message 819 of 1,174
marco.testini
in reply to: philip.s

I have the same problem with 3ds Max Design and Maya
I created two different accounts, but nothing more.
you can delete my account so I can reuse my emails?

thank you

Message 820 of 1,174
clarkkent777c
in reply to: philip.s

This solution does not work.  I have registered with a total of three emails and I ge the same results..  Smiley Frustrated

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report