Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
111920 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 761 of 1,174
camilo.lemos
in reply to: dav_treg

Hi dav_treg,

Can you please try this solution and let us know if it works?

Thank you!

Camilo Lemos

Message 762 of 1,174

I can not get my stedent Serial Numbers or Product Key for revit 2012. When I click on "My sofware" it says i have not downloaded any thing, but i did, i downloaded revit 2012. Then in the Product Catalog you can only select 2013 which is a problem because my class is using 2012, not 2013.

Message 763 of 1,174
wcrust
in reply to: mostinspired89

Not much differences, just lil more perks a/ 2013 version,,, my class started a/ 2012,, next week be on 2013,, I've been using 2013 the whole time...
Message 764 of 1,174
mostinspired89
in reply to: wcrust

classroom is set up on 2012, i can not open a revit 2013 file in revit 2012. The response i am look for is: "the serial number for the student revit 2012 is X-X the product key is X. I need this to do my home work.

Message 765 of 1,174
philip.s

Hello John,

Revit wasn't released until 2013. Are you sure your school isn't running Revit Architecture, Revit MEP, or Revit Structure 2012? 

Message 766 of 1,174

Revit Architecture 2012 is the program being used in my class. I a having trouble gaining a student  serial number and product key.

Message 767 of 1,174
xohninja

Maya won't accept my product key?

Message 768 of 1,174
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: xohninja

Mohsin,

Click here for a list of Autodesk Product Keys for 2013 and older versions as well.

If you still encounter an error, reply back with a screenshot and please do make sure that the Serial Number is not shown on the screenshot for Security reasons. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 769 of 1,174
xohninja
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Thank you so much, it worked!

Message 770 of 1,174
xohninja
in reply to: camilo.lemos

I thought i was good, however when i tried opening it after it installed, it won't accpet my serial number now?

Heres the screenshot, and the error, i erased my serial number from the image.

error.png

Message 771 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: xohninja

Hello Mohsin, 

Can you please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number + the product version that you are trying to install?

Message 772 of 1,174

I have not had anyone get back to me on the student Serial Number or Product Keys for Revit Architecure 2012. Spring break is coming up March 11. It would be really great to get to work on my homework over the break!

Message 773 of 1,174

Hi John.

Base on your Previous posts, you are trying to download Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012, correct? If so, can you provide more details on the error encountered? Please attach a screenshot upon reply so I can check and further troubleshoot.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 774 of 1,174
mthai
in reply to: brian.kling

Hi I keep getting this message when I go to the download section

We're sorry we cannot provide you with a serial number at this time.
Please proceed to download and install your software, and use it in "trial mode" for up to 30 days.
Return to this site before then to obtain your serial number from the free software link.

What should I do?

Thanks

Message 775 of 1,174
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: mthai

Hi mthai,

What Product and version were you trying to download from the EDU Site? 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 776 of 1,174
mthai
in reply to: philip.s

Hi Joane,

I was trying to download autodesk inventor professional 2013 and autocad 2013

Message 777 of 1,174
sssowers
in reply to: brian.kling

I own the DVD set of Autodesk Education Suite for Entertainment Creation 2010. I paid for it through my tuition. It was working but when I tried to open up Maya it said I need a new activation code. My original Request & activation codes are not working. The dialog box show a different request code than what I originally had. How can I get a new request & activation code for my software? I really do not want to down load Maya. Mudbox, Toxik and the rest all over again.

I am registered with Autodesk but when trying to log into  students.autodesk.com, it does not allow me to. I can still log into the main Autodesk, as you can see. I am out of time and have been trying to get my software working for weeks.

Please direct me.

Message 778 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: mthai

Hi Mike,

The majority of the products hosted in the Education Community, including AutoCAD and Inventor, are setup so that we never run out of serial numbers as they are based on an individuals profile. 

Education Community Serial Number FAQ

Can you please try requesting another license to see if it wasn't just a random outage / site issue? If you're still unable to receive a license at that point, I would recommend creating a new account as a workaround.

Message 779 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: sssowers

Hello Susan!

After looking into this further, it appears as though your Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite for Education 2010 license was termed and expired on 8/6/2011 which would explain the reactivation prompt.

In regards to the Education Communtiy access,I was unable to match a registered account with the same email / Autodesk ID used to post in the forums.

Hope that helped clarify and please let me know if you have any additional questions, concerns or issues!

Message 780 of 1,174
kleite
in reply to: philip.s

Hi Philip, I submitted a request form for help. I receive the following error when trying to download 3ds max 2013 64-bit from your website:

We're sorry we cannot provide you with a serial number at this time.<br> Please proceed to download and install your software, and use it in &quot;trial mode&quot; for up to 30 days.<br> Return to this site before then to obtain your serial number from the free software link.

It has been 3 days and I have not received an activation email in my student email address. I checked the junk/spam folders just in case. Hopefully you can help me activate my license!

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report