Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
112018 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 721 of 1,174
paul
in reply to: philip.s

I have read the double Dutch T&C etc. BUT I'm still confused as to the length of time that a TUTOR can use/retain a copy of Inventor.

Is it 3 years or is it perpetual, if it is perpetual what happens if I have to reinstall, as I usually have to at the end of every Scholastic year?

Message 722 of 1,174
simona.golisciano
in reply to: paul

Hello Paul,

Welcome to our forums.

The duration of an Education Community license for Faculty members/Tutors is the same as for Students, i.e. 3 years. If during these 3 years you need to re-install the software due to a change of hardware or technical issues, you should be able to do so. In such cases, you would need to go through the activation process again. Our Registration & Activation team would assist you with that.

Regards.

Simona Golisciano
Message 723 of 1,174

serial number of revit 2012

Message 724 of 1,174

Hi lrfanautocadd,

Could you give us more details on the issue you are having? Are you getting error messages?

Thank you.

Camilo Lemos

Message 725 of 1,174
Ben_10
in reply to: brian.kling

I'm having a very diffulcult time with the licensing.  Here's whats happening- loaded onto one MAC laptop,

Maya loaded but Mudbox will not see the  license.  Ug.. Then I thought I'd load into my desktop iMac to see if there was an issue I missed-nope same deal.  Maya loaded, but Mudbox nadda. 

There's absolutely very little documentation on the licensing of the product, I have the entertainment Autodesk suite education edition- so was under the impression that it could be loaded onto more than one computer as long as Maya only runs on one.  Anyway support tells me that only one license one computer.  No problem..

Successfully transferred the license up the Autodesk acc't.  However can't transfer the license from the iMac as the splash screen says only one license can be transferred.  I also tried multiple times with the license to activate Mudbox which did nothing.

I want to simply move the software to a PC and let that be it.  Unfortunatley I can't get the license off the iMac.

A couple of questions:

1) Why did the licensing allow me to install the software on two macs??

2) How do I get the license off the final imac?

3) How can get the license on the PC?

My attempts at removing the license are met with 'unable to transfer license" error message. 

So me thinks somthing needs to be reset on the Autodesk side.

Help appreciated.

Monica

Message 726 of 1,174
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: Ben_10

Hi Monica,

I removed the attachment containing your Serial Number for Security reasons.

With regard to your questions, note that you can always install an Autodesk Product on a number of PC's, however once you reach the Activation page and you input your Serial Number, that's when the system can check and determine if the License can still be used and activated. 

In your case, the system was able to determine that your License has been imported and exported a couple of times, more than the allowable number of times. Thus, the error as attached on your post.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what you want to happen here as an end result is to install and activate your License to a new PC, correct? If so, I can manually generate the Activation Code for you once you reply back with your Request Code. Please send it via Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”).

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 727 of 1,174
mr.t_box

Hi im having a problem with the actual activation of maya 2013.
The whole thing downloaded just fine, i have ther seriaals and product key however when i click activate the window pops up blank with just two buttons and no writting. I have tried everything on here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6404339&linkID=9240617

also ive tried this method but with no result

http://therevitkid.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/autodesk-activation-problem-solved.html

please someone help!

Message 728 of 1,174
camilo.lemos
in reply to: mr.t_box

Hi mr.t_box and welcome to the forums:)

What OS are you getting this issue on? If you're using Windows 8, you may need to manually register the DLLs again after completing all the steps in this solution (i.e repeat step 3).

Let me know if that works for you, please.

Regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 729 of 1,174
mr.t_box
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi Camilo,

Im using a PC windows 7

I downloaded maya 2012 last year and had no problems.

For this problem I have tried:
Uninstalling then reinstalling the program
Everything on here (as recomended)
- http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6404339&linkID=9240617
The solution on this site as well
http://therevitkid.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/autodesk-activation-problem-solved.html

All have not worked.

Thanks for the quick reply too

Message 730 of 1,174
agata_wrzesinska
in reply to: mr.t_box

I have just the same problem with activating my Revit and other programs I installed in last few months. I tried the solutions mentioned above and still cannot activate the program. While I was searching the web for other solutions I realised, that this problem is very common, so I would be extremely grateful for any advise.

Message 731 of 1,174
mr.t_box
in reply to: agata_wrzesinska

If I ever find out how to fix it I will let you know

Message 732 of 1,174

Hi, 

I've been reading through this thread and have the same problem as many people: when trying to activate student version of autocad 2013 for mac, it gives me "Le numéro de série que vous avez entré est incorrect. Recommencez. (Erreur 1)(its in french). I've tried installing as a trial and then activating and it gave me the same problem. I had finished my days of trial before deciding to activate as a student, could that be the source of the problem? 

Any help would be great! thanks!

Message 733 of 1,174
amanda.k
in reply to: emilybourguignon

Hello Emily,

Welcome to the community!

We're currently experiencing an Activation issue with the Education Community for newly request Serial Numbers. It does not have anything to do with you running your product in Trial Mode before activating it with your Education Community Serial Number. Please hang tight while we work on fixing this issue.

Thank you for your patience!

Amanda Kinley
Community Program Manager
Message 734 of 1,174
cgill59

Hi,

I've just installed Autodesk Maya 2013 on Linux Fedora 18. The installation went smoothly but now I am unable to activate it. After chosing "connect now and activate" I get the message

"The request code you entered is not valid. Try again (Error 3)"

I have entered the serial number and product key exactly as displayed. Not sure what I should do now.

Thank you,

Colin

Message 735 of 1,174
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: cgill59

Hi Colin,

Do reply back via Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number and Request Code

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 736 of 1,174

Hi, 

I've been reading through this thread and have the same problem as many people: when trying to activate student version of autocad 2013 for mac and maya 2013 for mac, it gives me "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1). I've tried intalling through the registeronce web page but still the same.

Thanks,

Message 737 of 1,174

Hi Martin and welcome to the forums!

We recently has an issue in the Education Community where newly created serial number were showing as invalid. Your account seems to have been caught in this issue.

Our Education Community team is working to have the invalid serial numbers validated as soon as possible, however, due to the volume of affected accounts, this could still take up to 48 hours to be fully resolved. 

For the time being, we apologize for any inconveniences and ask to you use your product as a trial version until the issue has been resolved.

Thank you for your understanding,

Camilo Lemos

Message 738 of 1,174
gengshiyuyi

Hi,

I can't receive the serial number and product key, and I got this message:

We're sorry we cannot provide you with a serial number at this time.
Please proceed to download and install your software, and use it in "trial mode" for up to 30 days.
Return to this site before then to obtain your serial number from the free software link.

The version I downloaded is AutoCAD 2013 for Mac (English).

Please help!

Message 739 of 1,174

Hi Shiyu,

Looking at your account, there is already an AutoCAD for MAC Serial Number and was activated successfully last 2/17/2013. 

Do reply back if you still have issues with your Student License. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 740 of 1,174
Whisher70

hi

I have a product key for my autocad. I tried to install the new version of autocad with the product key at the last day of the trial version expire date. But after inserting the product key its showing an error stating that you don have permission install this version of autocad.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report