Installation & Licensing

Alumni
arlinpega.bibat
Message 561 of 1,146 (4,292 Views)

Re: STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

10-31-2012 08:17 PM in reply to: hydrokia

Hi hydrokia,

You can simply download the 2012 version from your Education Community, install it on your machine and activate it. Use the same serial number but the specific product key for 2012. No need to delete your 2011 product currently installed. Now, if you encoynter any activation issue, contact our Registration and Activation Team for assistance. Please make sure to provide the following information:

Serial Number:

Product Name:

Product Version:

Request Code:

For steps on to retrieve your request code, please click here.

I hope this clarifies. If you have any further questions, let me know.

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
ylix8
Message 562 of 1,146 (4,281 Views)

Re: Maya 2013 Serial Number DON'T Work

11-01-2012 06:19 AM in reply to: brian.kling

Hi,

I downloaded Maya 2013 (Student Version) yesterday but I can't activate it until now. Everytime it shows The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 2). But I am sure my serial number is CORRECT, just as same as displayed in "my software".

I have successfully activated 3ds Max 2013(Student Version) with the same serial number, but why it is not working in Maya? By the way, I use the "install now" option to download.

I have tried to re-download and re-install many times but failed. So I need your help.

Thank you!

Customer Service
simona.golisciano
Message 563 of 1,146 (4,278 Views)

11-01-2012 06:28 AM in reply to: ylix8

Hi ylix8,

Welcome to our forums.

The same serial number should indeed work for both Autodesk Maya and Autodesk 3ds Max, but there might be a bug in our system. Please send me your serial number by Private Message so that I can troubleshoot the issue. To do so, click on my username (simona.golisciano) and then on "Send this user a private message".

Regards, 

Simona Golisciano
ylix8
Message 564 of 1,146 (4,274 Views)

11-01-2012 06:37 AM in reply to: simona.golisciano

Thank you very much for your instant reply! I'll follow your kind instructions!

riley-187
Message 565 of 1,146 (4,262 Views)

11-01-2012 01:15 PM in reply to: brian.kling

hello,

i am registerd as a student and i just downloaded maya 2013 but when trying to activate it i cant see anything when i click on "activate" from the 30 trial thing menu. i will click activate but it just opens a new window and only showed me these 2 bullet things that i can click on, but there is no test what so ever. i really need help please. i have tried disabling my antivirus and i have restarted my computer. any help is greatly appreciated. i also included some screenshots below.

Untitled.pngUntitled2.pngUntitled3.pngUntitled1.png

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 566 of 1,146 (4,260 Views)

11-01-2012 03:46 PM in reply to: riley-187

Hello Riley and welcome to the community!

The blank activation screen issue that you're experiencing is actually somewhat of a common one. Please check out the detailed workaround instructions here and let us know if it resolves the problem.

Philip Schmelzer
daheartless
Message 567 of 1,146 (4,232 Views)

11-03-2012 01:30 AM in reply to: brian.kling

I am having a lot of trouble with my Maya 2013 edition. Everytime I attempt to put in my codes it says i have exceeded the  maximum number of times I may recieve the activation code. However everytime I recieve one, I place it in so that it can be activated and it either doesn't actually activate (it loads in the code but just closes), Or it says it is activated but isn't actually activated. It keeps telling me I have a student edition so If i save I cannot open the scene on any other computers that has maya as well.

Please help me!

thomasbauwens
Message 568 of 1,146 (4,214 Views)

11-03-2012 12:07 PM in reply to: brian.kling

hi!

I can't activate my license.  Every time I enter the provided serial  number I get "error 2" the serial number you entered is not valid.  The 30 day trial period has passed without being able to activate.  I uninstalled all autodesk files and tried over.  Same issue...  

Any suggestions?

thanks!

daheartless
Message 569 of 1,146 (4,212 Views)

11-03-2012 12:09 PM in reply to: arlinpega.bibat

yeah.. I have the same problem.. I never got a response from them.

JasonWynngard
Message 570 of 1,146 (4,200 Views)

Re: STUDENTS - Serial Numbers or Product Key Issues, click here

11-04-2012 01:46 PM in reply to: brian.kling

I have what i think is a unique issue. I purchased and installed the Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite Ultimate 2013 without incident several weeks ago. Being new to AutoDesk, I sought to set up teh Brekel MOCAP software to work with Motion Builder (MoBu). Since it didn't work (apparently) with my 64bit installation, I decided to install the 32bit version. Since I have done similar with Adobe and a few other products I figure it wa no big deal. When Brekel seemingly behaved the same with teh 32bit version, i decided to remove the 32bit version. And that's whem I had problems.

I was stunned to discover my 64bit version wa sno longer considered registered and licensed. I attempted to re-register it to no avail. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but got the same claims that my serial number was invalid. The nice folks at customer service have patiently outlined the process more than once to get me back up and registered. But their advice which is teh same as I'd already done isn't working.

What I did:

1. Unisntalled MoBu.

2. reinstalled MoBu and tried activating withmy existing suite S/N

3. I took screen shots of my software info and customer service4 advised me to

do what i had already done but I did it anyway and ended up with the same results.

Result: My S/N is considered in valid.

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
---Albert Einstein

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube