Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
112030 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 521 of 1,174
andrewnarcou
in reply to: brian.kling

i downloaded Maya for students but im not sure where i can find me serial number or product key ? any help would be appriciated 🙂

Message 522 of 1,174
camilo.lemos
in reply to: andrewnarcou

Hi andrewnarcou and welcome to the Autodesk support community:)

You can find the serial number and product key for your student version by logging in to the Education Community website and navigating to the "My Software" are of the website.

Camilo Lemos

Message 523 of 1,174

Hi,

I purchased AutoCAD 2013 (English) 64-Bit, and I'm having problem with activation. When I enter my serial number there is an error message: "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)". What should I do?

Thank You

Message 524 of 1,174

Hi stella.ostojic:

You can send your serial number to us via private message (click on my arlinpega.bibat profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) so I can check further. Also, please inclue a request code. In order to generate an activation code we will need the request code that is displayed on your monitor after you begin the activation procedure.  

For future reference, you may contact our Registration and Activation Team directly.

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 525 of 1,174
rlbrandon
in reply to: andrewnarcou

Have activation code, seriel number Product Key, Request Code; when I tyry to activate, my reply is seriel number not valid

Message 526 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: rlbrandon

HI Robert,

What happens if you install the software as a trial and then try to activate afterwards? Can you please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message) with a screen shot of the error?

Message 527 of 1,174
pollo16

Message 528 of 1,174
keith_davies
in reply to: ldannis

xxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.xxx.edu 

I am having trouble activating the AutoCad Mac 2013 English download.

when i enter my Serial Number and Product Key, i get this message saying it wont work. 

The Serial Number or Product Key don't Match. 
Valid format for serial number is (XXX-XXXXXXXX)

PLEASE HELP

Message 529 of 1,174

Hi keith_davies:

Welcome to Autodesk Support Community!

I have removed your email address information. I was able to check our record and what I can do for you is manually activate your student license. If you have the request code, you can respond to this post with it and I will generate an activation code. 

For future reference, please do contact our Registration and Activation Team directly.

Also, please be reminded not to post sensitive information like your email address, serial number in forums for security reasons. Smiley Happy

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 530 of 1,174
StrAlex

Hi,

I have just downloaded the free AutoCAD software for students, for mac 2011. Now i can´t activate the software rightly, although i have the serial number and product key. I tried to fill them in, but then everytime I get this message: WARNING!
The Serial Number or Product Key don't Match. 
Valid format for serial number is (XXX-XXXXXXXX)

Although i just got them from autodesk.

Please help me, i can´t press "GET SERIAL", there is no such sign, because i have mine right beside the product picture on my education community site.

HELP Please!

Message 531 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: StrAlex

Hello ALex,

There is actually a known issue with AutoCAD for Mac licenses issued from the Education Community. Please refer to this page for the corresponding installation / activation workaround. Specifically:

If you are using AutoCAD for Mac, you can activate the software by:

1) choosing to install the software in trial mode 
2) when launching the program in trial mode (once installed) you will be faced with run / continue in “trial mode” or “activate” - select the activation option 
3) follow the process (enter Serial Number and Product Key) to circumvent the previous issue and allow for a proper activation

Please feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions or inquiries.

Message 532 of 1,174
kozarac91

Hello. I also have problem with serial number and this message: "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)". I was trying to activate AutoCAD Structural Detailing. 

Message 533 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: kozarac91

Hello Nemanja,

Please install the software in trial mode while we look into the issue. Thank you very much for your patience.

Message 534 of 1,174
StrAlex
in reply to: philip.s

Now with the first step trial installation and then ativate button, it worked, thank you! 🙂
Message 535 of 1,174

I have registered and recieved my serial number but if i have to use my serial number it sais my serial number isn't wright. How can i solve this problem?

Message 536 of 1,174

Hi

After downloading the product, trying to activate it, i open the file and it says that my product has expired but i don't nkow why since i never got. 

Second, when tring to reactivate it using the serail number i got before downloading, it says it's the wrong serial number.

What can i do?

Message 537 of 1,174
kozarac91
in reply to: philip.s

Ok, thank you.

Message 538 of 1,174

Hello Martijn,

Can you please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with a screen shot of your error and product request code.

Message 539 of 1,174

Hi Richard,

Is there a possibility that you were running the software in trial mode which has expired?

Regardless, can you also please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with a screen shot of your error and product request code.

Message 540 of 1,174
yodah

Hello, I could use some help on an issue Autodesk Inventor 2013 has been giving me. Whenever I try to activate my product from the activation screen on running the program, I get an error saying my serial number is invalid. Next I tried to use the manual activation link at the bottom of the page when it rejected my number, and this accepted my serial number, but rejected my product request code. I sent a customer service request to Autodesk, but all I got was a reply saying that my product request code was invalid. Seeing as I wasn't provided with any further options than trying again (and believe me, I have), I just gave up on that. So now, if someone could help me out, that would just be tremendous. I've installed Inventor 2012 without any issues at all, but need 2013 because my CAD classes have just upgraded, and I won't be able to transfer files from 13 to 12. Using Windows 7 home premium 64bit, if that helps. Oh, and my trial has expired because my license wasn't activated within thirty days.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report