Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
111989 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 461 of 1,174

Hi Im Alberto (alberto.manrique85) i registered in autodesk, i downloaded the file with Autocad 2013 for MC, but when i try to register the program, i put the serial number that you send me by mail and the same that i have in "my software" on my profile of Autodesk education community, the program say me:

The Serial Number or Product Key don't Match. 

Valid format for serial number is (XXX-XXXXXXXX).

And i put the same format (XXX-XXXXXXXX, with me profile numbers of course) but it doesn´t work.

Can you help me? Please

Message 462 of 1,174

Hi alberto.manrique85,

Please refer to the this page for a workaround for your AutoCAD for Mac Activation issue. Specifically:

If you are using AutoCAD for Mac, you can activate the software by:

1) choosing to install the software in trial mode 
2) when launching the program in trial mode (once installed) you will be faced with run / continue in “trial mode” or “activate” - select the activation option 
3) follow the process (enter Serial Number and Product Key) to circumvent the previous issue and allow for a proper activation

Message 463 of 1,174
blaze.97
in reply to: brian.kling

I donwloaded my copy of Autodesk 3ds Max but it didn't come with a product key or anything of the sort, where can I get one?

Message 464 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: blaze.97

Hi blaze.97,

When you select the product from the Education Community are you seeing a dialogue box similar to the one below? If so, we're aware of the issue and are working on a resolution, of which will be communicated accordingly. Thank you very much for your patience. 

MISSING SN.png

Message 465 of 1,174
gpanadis
in reply to: philip.s

Just wanted to say that I too am getting the error message related to the Student version:

We're sorry we cannot provide you with a serial number at this time.
Please proceed to download and install your software, and use it in "trial mode" for up to 30 days.
Return to this site before then to obtain your serial number from the free software link.

I know you are working on a resolution, but figured I'd let you know anyways :DD

Thank you

Message 466 of 1,174
osk055

I previously had Revit Architecture 2012 (Educational Free Version installed on my MacBook Pro with Windows 7 Parallels.  The 2012 program had to be upgraded to 2013 to match that being taught in my school's program.  I downloaded and installed Revit 2013, but found that I was unable to save my homework projects, so I ended up going through an extensive uninstall/reinstall process.  I've also completely reinstalled Revit Architecture 2012 again, attempting to allow my previously functioning version to allow me to use the License Transfer Utility to get a copy of my license to transfer to 2013.  Multiple attempts at this continue to be unsuccessful., as do attempts to install 2013 solely (following uninstalling, cleaning the registry and defragging for good measure to totally wipe out any hidden leftovers).  When I reinstall either product, the installer acts like it installs the program, but I only get the LIcense Transfer Utility showing up under Autodesk for both 2012 or 2013 in my Parallels Start Menu, and when I attempt to view the files under Program Files x86, there are no actual program files, just the extensive installer files and general files - so I can't start the program from the programs files folder either. 

I've also tried re-activating the products online, but cannot obtain the Request Code due to not being able to even open (or find, for that matter) the program file (same result for the 2012 and 2013 versions of revit). The License Transfer Utility for 2013 failed repeatedly, and could not "talk" to the server (I have 50MB cable internet, so connectivity is not the issue).

I've run out of solutions - any assistance with getting a functioning version to successfully install to the point where I can get to the "activiation screen", or, even better, fully running, would be greatly appreciated!

Message 467 of 1,174
gpanadis
in reply to: gpanadis

It works for me now.

I didn't do anything, just waited.

I can get the serial key from the site like it was intended.

Thank you. Good work.

Message 468 of 1,174

During install even after entering the correct serial number, i got an error. So as per the instruction, i ignored and it finished the installation. When restarted, i entered the serial number - it still stays that "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 2)". I check thed serial number on website, it is correct. 

According the mail sent by support, it should work but it does not. 

I am using Macbook Pro, Lion. 

Need to activate the software asap. thanks 

Message 469 of 1,174
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: aduraphe

Hi aduraphe,

We have had this issue recently, but it was already resolved. Please Private Message me your Serial Number and a screenshot of the error (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message).

Upon reply, we will look further into the error.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 470 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: osk055

Hi osk055,

You may want to look into the Microsoft Clean-Up Utility (not supported by Autodesk) as a last resort to uninstalling / reinstalling the software.

You mentioned the inability to save. Any specific error that would display when you tried?

Message 471 of 1,174
redmanatee
in reply to: aduraphe

please please take me off your mailing list
Message 472 of 1,174

Hi redmanatee,

If by mailing list you meant any marketing emails or updates on Autodesk Products, we will be forwarding your email address to the appropriate department to have it removed.

However note that in your Discussion Group account, you can modify the emails, notification or posts from any thread you engaged into by clicking on "My Settings" found at the upper right side of the Discussion Group site beside your name.  

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 473 of 1,174

Hi,

I have recently installed the freely downloadable Simulation CFD 2013 in my laptop using my acadmy address registration and it worked good. Now I wish to move it over to a workstation, so I installed it using the same account, but it stopped, reporting of license issue. Is there anyway I can port over this particular license to my workstation?

Message 474 of 1,174

Hi chew_choon_seng,

You can transfer the license from your current computer to your workstation using the License Transfer Utility. This is a free tool that comes with Autodesk software and can be found on Start Menu>Autodesk>AutoCAD.

From your current machine, simply open the tool, log in using your Autodesk credentials and export the license. Repeat the process on your new machine to import the license. Please, make sure that AutoCAD is closed before starting this process.

For more information on the License Transfer Utility click here.

Camilo Lemos

Message 475 of 1,174
osk055
in reply to: osk055

I was finally able to fix my issue after battling this for nearly a week.  I got to the point where I could install all "side" programs to AutoCAD and Revit 2013, and even get updates for them, but the actual AutoCAD and Revit programs would not show in my program files or in the Audodesk files folders, and attempts to open or re-run the installers for those specific programs would give me a "1606: Could not access network location"  error. After much research and other testing, I concluded that the files still did not install properly (despite appearing to do so - and despite having green check marks next to the actual programs when re-running the suite installer package, and I found that not only did I need to cleanly uninstall all previously existing Autodesk products and strip them from the registry (as I had been doing), but I also needed to uninstall the "helper" files such as Visual Studio C++, .NET framework, etc., which were the real culprits in not allowing the updated Autodesk products to fully install.  I also disabled my virus protection and firewalls during the file installs to prevent them from restricting registry edits, etc. and causing issues with the install.

The instructions for this type of install can be found at: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617.

Message 476 of 1,174
Worsildbours
in reply to: Intelf142

No problems with windows 7 at all.  I've been running it smoothly now for quite some time.  I mean there are glitches every now and then.  But then again it is WINDOWS!  🙂

Message 477 of 1,174
daparret

I purchased a copy of autocad design suite ultimate 2013 from my university. I got home, installed it but accidentially entered in the wrong email address during the installation process. This address is where my serial number and key was sent so I am unable to finish installing my product. I've looked all around and can't find a solution to retrieveing it. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 478 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: daparret

Hi daparret,

Can you please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with the wrong email address that you used, and the correct one if it differes from one connected to this account.

Message 479 of 1,174
lwhistle2

Hello - I was given a serial and code but when I type it in it in I get this message:

ALERT

The Serial Number or Product Key don't Match.
Valid format for serial number is (XXX-XXXXXXXX)

Please Help ASAP!

Message 480 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: lwhistle2

Hi lwhistle2,

Please refer to the this page for a workaround for your AutoCAD for Mac Activation issue. Specifically:

If you are using AutoCAD for Mac, you can activate the software by:

1) choosing to install the software in trial mode 
2) when launching the program in trial mode (once installed) you will be faced with run / continue in “trial mode” or “activate” - select the activation option 
3) follow the process (enter Serial Number and Product Key) to circumvent the previous issue and allow for a proper activation

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report