Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
113764 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 381 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: qksWKr

Hello yhrgg,

As Educational licenses are only allotted 1 activation, you can either utilize the License Transfer Utility to move the license from one machine to the other, or uninstall on the old / reinstall on the new and contact our Registration and Activation team for manual activation assistance.

Message 382 of 1,174
qksWKr
in reply to: philip.s

Hello,

since I'm gonna use the same product that is already in my autodesk account, I can use the same serial number and product key?

Thank you,

Message 383 of 1,174
philip.s

yhrgg,

Yup, but as I mentioned it's only set up for 1 activation so you will need to either use the LTU or request an activation code from our Registration and Activation team.

Message 384 of 1,174
qksWKr

Hello,

Before I export my license from my old computer, should I finish installing the same product on my new computer?

Also, when I install the program to my new computer, every installing process will be the same like I install a new program for the first time? I'm wondering if I will be asked to provide serial number and product key and to choose whether the product will be used as 30day-trial or 36 months..?

Thank you,

Message 385 of 1,174

Respected sir, 

I have installed a student version of Autodesk Simulation CFD 2013, also entered the Product key & the serial number. After installation when i try to run the software the following error is displayed (error is as shown in the jpeg file attached). Plz resolve the issue.

Regards

Harshad

Message 386 of 1,174
philip.s

Hello yhrgg,

You are correct in that you will need to have the software installed on your machine (not in trial mode) using the same serial number and product key before you import the license.

Message 387 of 1,174

Hello harshadkalyankar91,

Please try the registry edit mentioned here, and let us know if it works out.

Message 388 of 1,174
qksWKr

Hello,

there is something I want to clarify.

Should I have the same program on my new computer before I "export" the license from my old computer?

Thank you!

Message 389 of 1,174
philip.s

yhrgg,

Per the LTU tutorial, you just need to have the software installed on the new computer before you import the license. It makes no difference where or not you have it on there when you export.

Message 390 of 1,174
archifire87
in reply to: brian.kling

I DL'd the student software, and haven't received a serial number. After checking in the "My Software" section, it does not say I have downloaded any software, and therefore has not issued me a serial number. What can I do??

Message 391 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: archifire87

archifire87,

You should have received your student license after selecting your product, version, language, and OS, and before the download initiates. Can you try the process again and let me know if it comes up?

Message 392 of 1,174
radski100

I downloaded Mudbox 2012 for mac, and Maya 2013 for mac, and never recieved the activation codes needed from the site, and I also never recieved the email with the activation codes. Also, Autodesk seems not to have noticed me download them, because when I check my account, it sais I have 0 things downloaded...

Tags (1)
Message 393 of 1,174
dorianlondo
in reply to: Mike

When i download Autocad 2012 the next page says i will be issued a serial number but the serial does not show up? I go to my software and it doesnt even show i downloaded the software? Help? I need a serial number.

I am a student in Canada, Dalhousie University.

Message 394 of 1,174
radski100
in reply to: dorianlondo

This is exactly what has happened to me ^ !! I'm at Auckland University, New Zealand 😛
Message 395 of 1,174
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: radski100

We confirm that the Education Community is currently not issuing nor correctly displaying serial numbers and product keys for downloaded products.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this and are working to have this issue resolved as soon as possible.

We’ll keep you all posted via this link:
http://autode.sk/Pt3a8A

Thank you for understanding.

Arlin Bibat
Message 396 of 1,174

Great to hear on response of the management of the site. Thanks

Message 397 of 1,174
caj3md

There is an issue with the product key displayed on the webpage prior to downloading the Autodesk Revit product, as well as in the email containing the serial number and product key. Both the webpage and email note that the product key is "240E1"; however, after a failed attempt to use that product key I did a websearch which led me to discover that the product key for Autodesk Revit is actually "829E1".
"240E1" is, according to this webpage:

the product key for Autodesk Revit Architecture.

Just thought I would throw that out there. I'm not sure if someone has posted about it yet.
Message 398 of 1,174
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: caj3md

Hi caj3md:

Thank you for sharing the link.  We appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 399 of 1,174

Recently, I adiquiri the studio max 2013 free student version, the installation goes OK, but how do I adiquirir the serial?? and even installing the trial version for 30 days, a box appears with Feedback, license checkout failure error 05. can help me solve this?? I thank you for your attention

Tags (1)
Message 400 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: rangel_designer

Hi rangel_designer,

You should have received a serial number when downloading from the Education Community. In general the process is to register / login, click on the free software tab, and then select your product, version, language and OS.

I'm hoping that activating will resolve the licensing error.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report