Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
114812 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 341 of 1,174
valerboss96
in reply to: philip.s

Reinstalling and updating(!) havent helped. I have same errors again.

During registration I've used https://registeronce.autodesk.com for getting activation code.

I think that problem isnt in it.

in reply to: valerboss96

Hi valerboss96,

Our system shows that you successfully activated your Autodesk 3ds Max 2013 license twice today. The only other thing that I can think of in terms of troubleshooting is to take 1 more step back and remove your serial number association with your account, uninstall your software, and start fresh with requesting a new one and re-downloading from within the Education Community.

Message 343 of 1,174
valerboss96

I'm sure that it won't help: in 2012 version with other serial and other activation code I had same errors too.

in reply to: valerboss96

valerboss96,

Have you tried the 2013 version? I'm really just not sure what's causing the issue as everything on our end seems in order.

Message 345 of 1,174
Anonymous
in reply to: brian.kling

I downloaded AutoCad 2012 free trial, and i found the web page that gives me the serial number and product key. But unfortunately the product key does not work, but the serial number does. What do I do?

Message 346 of 1,174
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: Anonymous

HI yzzybear:

Could you please send me the serial number you are using (private message)? This is so we may validate and provide you the correct product key. We  would also appreciate it if you could send us the ink as well where you managed to download the 2012 trial version.

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 347 of 1,174
Anonymous

I have recently installed a new SSD on my system along with a bran new OS. I imagine the autodesk software now looks at my computer as a new system all together because of this. I would really appreciate being able to use my new SSD with the sutodesk software if this is possible. Your systems will show that I reactivated my software yesterday on my old HDD because I had formatted that drive thinking I'd be able to use the new one. If there is a way to take away the activation on my old drive so that I may use it on my new one I would be forever greatful.

Neftali

Message 348 of 1,174
philip.s

Hi ve1tech,

You have a couple options moving forward. 

1 - If the software is still install on the old HDD you can use the License Transfer Utility to export off, and then import onto the new one.

2 - If the above isn't possible, you would need to have an activation code manually processed for you. To do so, please contact our Registration and Activation team and provide your serial number and product request code.

Message 349 of 1,174
valerboss96

Hi Philip.

Sorry that I haven't written here for a long time.

Reinstalling 3ds max hasn't helped but when i've reinstalled my Windows the problem has been solved. 
Anyway thanks for your support Philip.

Best regards
Valery.

When I click the 'get serial' tab I get this:  

We apologize, we are temporarily out of serial numbers for this product. You may download and install the 30 day trial version. Return to this page prior to or at the expiration of your 30 day trial to obtain your serial number for activation.

What can I do?

Message 351 of 1,174
celine.manca

Hi maddock12,

Please fill the need help form here to request another serial number from our Student Community team.

Thanks!

Celine Manca
Message 352 of 1,174
Anonymous
in reply to: celine.manca

I get error when i try to export my license for Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 Maya and Mudbox, I start the license transfer utility, when I press the "sign in" button it tries to connect, but then I get this error:

"Your online activation request has returned an error (400) which is not allowing your request to be processed using our automated systems."

Please help asap

(Student license)

Asbjørn Nedrehagen

Message 353 of 1,174
Anonymous

Are there any problems running this in Windows 7?

Message 354 of 1,174
Anonymous

Are there any problems with the new version running on windows 7?

Message 355 of 1,174
philip.s

Hi Intelf142,

The new version of what? For the most part all of our Autodesk products are supported to run on Windows 7 starting with the 2010 release. For specifics, please see the relevant product system requirement page.

Message 356 of 1,174
Anonymous

When I hit next I get a message that says Serial number invalid. And I have emails where the number I enter is the same as the one I am putting the same exact number??

Message 357 of 1,174
Anonymous

Hello, 

I'm having a constant problem with my maya 2012 licence. Every time maya crashes it breaks the licence. Crashes on maya are very common and happen very frequently, so maya has used my request code a lot of times and now I'm getting this message when I try to reactivate the product:

Reactivation Limit Reached
You have exceeded the number of times you can receive an activation code to reactivate your product on this computer. 

If you are experiencing a technical problem that requires you to reactivate your product, please contact your support provider.

(Error: 11)

I have uninstalled the product multiple times, I have deleted the adlm files, the flexnet publisher files, reinstalled but nothing seems to work for me. I know I can request a new serial number and this would give me a new request code, but then, maya is going to use my request code after every crash and I dont want to ask for a new serial number again, its very annoying that maya breaks the licence after crashes, this shouldnt be happening, and I know Im not the only person with this problem. I appreciate if someone can give me a solution.

Im using Mac os lion 10.7.4

Message 358 of 1,174
camilo.lemos

Hi juancastillo and welcome to our community:)

Could you please PM me (click on my screenname camilo.lemos and then on Send Private Message) the request code and your serial number?

Thanks,

Camilo Lemos

Message 359 of 1,174
jigarmech012

hello,

i ama student resides in India installed this product:

Autodesk Alias Automotive 2013 (English) 32-Bit

got product key and serial for student version but when i am trying to register through this serial, it popups an error:

Your product cannot be registered in India. (7)

eagerly waiting for the solution of this problem.

Thank you.

Message 360 of 1,174

Hi jigarmech012,

Could you please Private Message me (click on my name joane.bonghanoy at the upper right side of the screen then on Send Private Message) your serial number?

On you reply please authorize us as well to reset the password in case we need to log into your EDU account and include the name of the School/University you are currently attending to.

Joane Bonghanoy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report