Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
112073 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 121 of 1,174
rebobot
in reply to: brian.kling

Hi, I am a student and our teacher has requested us to download AutoCAD. I was attempting to download the 2012 version but it says there are no more serial numbers and product keys available at this time. When will there be new ones?

Thank you.

Message 122 of 1,174
rcaseyf
in reply to: Mike

The facebook support shoots you back here. Why on earth would Autodesk switch to facebook to run their website? You guys had a really good one to start with? Just because I'm a student does not mean I want my software support, purchasing, and downloading to go through facebook.

Message 123 of 1,174
fuzzzzzz

Hello,

I need your help, about the  academic licence registration for three autodesk softwares.

According to the past answer, the autodesk student portail has provide me a wrong serial  that doesn't fit with my  country.
and i get an "error 7", when i submit the form to receive the activation code of the software.

i got several problems to display the portail page, some pages are not available.
Like this page :
http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=3yearlicense_faq
or this one :
http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=problem_form

everytime firefox or chrome navigatorredirect me on the main page, here :
https://www.facebook.com/Autodeskedcommunity?sk=app_209151712471963

1. Autodesk MotionBuilder 2012 English

2. Autodesk Maya 2012 English

3. Autodesk Mudbox 2012 English

autodesk ID : fuzzzzzz

University Paris 7 Diderot
University Location : Paris

cordially

Nicolas

Message 124 of 1,174
Eforen
in reply to: fuzzzzzz

So I got to students.autodesk.com to download inventor for my home desktop and I find that not only am I unwillingly and unplesently being forced to signed up via facebook but that it does not even work! I feel insulted that autodesk thinks all collage students like facebook or even want to have there content be on facebook. There are also now no learning resources available there where videos and other things. I liked the other site it's colors and design matched autodesk it had the feel of a big smart company and now it has the feel of the highschool web dev club. I urge autodesk to return to there old site. No downloads are working at the moment the products don't even list the versions.

Message 125 of 1,174
Mike
in reply to: rebobot

Hi rebotot,

We're working on getting more serial numbers loaded into the system as fast as possible. Please keep checking back.

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 126 of 1,174
Mike
in reply to: rcaseyf

Hi rcaseyf,

You don't have to use the Facebook site; at this time the Education forums are having issues which we hope to have resolved soon. Once the Education community site is restored, you will be able to use it.

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 127 of 1,174
Mike
in reply to: fuzzzzzz

Hi Nicolas,

Once the Education community website is back to full functionality, please post your issue to the Activations forum.

Your Autodesk ID isn't tied to your student account; there are two different databases, and we'll need to access your student account to correct the information.

When you post, please do not post your serial numbers, or your email address. We just need to know the name of the school you are attending, what country it is in, and your Education Community account name.

Here's a link to the Education community:
http://students.autodesk.com

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 128 of 1,174
Mike
in reply to: Eforen

Hi Eforen,

The redirect is occurring because the Education community website is currently experiencing issues. Once it's restored to full functionality, you will be able to log in there.

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 129 of 1,174
UliaSher
in reply to: Mike

Hello, I'm a student from Russia.

I downloaded 3DS Max 2010 from your web page towday (I'm on your Facebook students community too), I had a serial number on Facebook. But after an installation the programm says my serial number isn't valid! What should I do? Please, help me.

My name on facebook's Ulia Scherbakova.

Message 130 of 1,174
jdcamc

OK, I was able to download Revit Architecture 2012 and was actually given a serial number(all this through Facebook Smiley Mad) and I installed Revit and put in the serial number and , voila - WRONG SERIAL NUMBER!!!! So I went to Autodesk and tried to register the serial though there and I get a message the the serial number is "invalid for United States"! WHY would I be given an invalid serial?!?!?!?! Now I can't even pull up the license though Revit itself  - I keep getting two messages stating "License unavailable". (see enclosed) This is very ODD and annoying!!!!

Message 131 of 1,174
rcaseyf
in reply to: jdcamc

jdcamc has had the EXACT same experience as I. Even worse I contacted support through the form on the installation and they told me to go back to facebook. this is super aggrevating.

Message 132 of 1,174
inwaytoodeep
in reply to: rcaseyf

Hi Autodesk Support,

I know you have had quite a few of these, but I am too experiencing the "Invalid serial no." issue for my country and keep getting pushed back to the facebook site.  Im assuming that I just need to be patient and wait for the "proper" autodesk student site to have issue resolved and then re-post?

Thanks in advance

Message 133 of 1,174
bombadil111

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere, but I have been haven't found an answer after doing a few circles, so a quick question.

I am a student, and just downloaded AutoCad 2012.  It downloaded fine, and I was given a serial #.  At the end of the install, however, AutoCad also wants a product key?  Well, I don't believe I was furnished with one.  So where can i get a key for AutoCad 2012, student version?

Thanks!

Message 134 of 1,174
ewardjr46
in reply to: AT066

Hey I havea seria number and key, but it won't let me activate it, is there something you can do, I do i need to start over,, also your site says you don't have anymore serial numbers, so do i have to wait.

Message 135 of 1,174
s_congdon

Hello, I downloaded the files for Autocad Map 2011 and upon instillation which all appeared to go smoothly.  I click on the icon it placed on the desktop and I get adui18.dll not found.  What did I do wrong and how can I fix it!  Please help!!

Message 136 of 1,174
abiudsilva12

brian.kling escreveu:

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

eu to precisano da serial key o auto cad lt 2d 2012, por favor me ajude.

silva
Message 137 of 1,174
c.j.stam
in reply to: abiudsilva12

Is there a timeframe for serialkeys for Inventor Professional 2012 64bits? Or would it be quicker to email and ask for one from support?

thanks! 

Message 138 of 1,174
wsam

I'm having trouble utlilzing my activation code. The 30 day trial elapsed, and I've tried using the code given but the program doesn't accept the code i put in. how can i rectify this? i've tried uninsalling and re-installing the software on my mac to no avail. could you please help me fix this? 

Tags (1)
Message 139 of 1,174
celine.manca
in reply to: wsam

Hi Wsam,

For activation issues, I would suggest that you contact our activation team to the following address emea.register@autodesk.com.

If you still have issue, you can send me a private message with your license details.

Thank you

Celine Manca
Message 140 of 1,174
nhat816
in reply to: celine.manca

Hi,

I just installed the AutoCadd2012 student version, however I'm having problem with activating the program. At first time installing, the serial and product key worked but when I tried to open the program afterwards, it asked for serial and product key and in which the serial number worked but the product key did not. How can I fix this problem? please respond quick.

Thank You.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report