Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
112010 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 61 of 1,174
Mike
in reply to: 5208

Hi Raif,

It can take several days to get the numbers into the system. Keep checking back.

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 62 of 1,174
ralfonso
in reply to: Mike

Thank you for your reply.

I have been trying for weeks now, and I can see that others seem to have the same problem...

Is there an ETA for this?

By the way, I see you are in Neuchatel. As I am in Geneva, please let me know if there are any 3dmax classes.

Best regards - Ralf

Message 63 of 1,174
Mike
in reply to: Huzairsheik

Hi Huzairsheik,

Go to the page you downloaded the software from and there is a button on their labeled "Get Serial."

Click on that button and it will show you your serial number and product key.

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 64 of 1,174
dhritter
in reply to: brian.kling

I can't download from the student products page.  I log in fine.  Then i chose the product and click download.  If gives me the login popup again.  I log in there.  It sends me back to the student home page, and nothing happens.  Doesn't matter what product i pick.  i've successfulyl downloaded from this site with this account in the past.

Running windows 7 with Firefox 4.  I also tried IE9.

Message 65 of 1,174
danieltom86

I have tried to activate student version of AutoCAD and it says “this program is not available in your country (UK)” any suggestions who should I contact to obtain activation code?

Message 66 of 1,174
Mike
in reply to: dhritter

Hi, Try logging out the website, clearing your cache, and then logging back in. Also check your firewall settings and make sure that the Education community is listed as a trusted site. In addition, be sure that your anti-virus software is disabled during the download and installation. Don't forget to turn it back on again when you finish. Mike

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 67 of 1,174
Mike
in reply to: danieltom86

Hi Daniel,

Please post this in the Education community's support section:
http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=support_center&section=ask_question

We'll need the following information to fix this: what is your school's name and what country are you in.

This error happens when the user isn't registered on the website to the right country.

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 68 of 1,174
danieltom86

Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for your reply, will do as you suggested.

Message 69 of 1,174
carlsen.susan

I have a serial number and a product ID.  I did have problems activating, but then the program was working fine.  Since then my product has broken completely.  When I went to the website it said my product wasn't activated.  I have been using Maya 2010 on my mac and have since found that my mac version doesn't work well with maya 2010.  In any case I don't know what's going on.  I can't even uninstall my maya 2010 or activate maya 2011 which it appears is what I will need to use with my mini-mac.  I have a final tomorrow and I've found that studying for this final is very difficult without access to the product.  Any help?

I would use my pc laptop except that it doesn't meet specifications.

Message 70 of 1,174
Mike
in reply to: carlsen.susan

Hi Susan,

If activationg 2011 through the program isn't working, you can activate through the website:

http://autodesk.com/register

Manual activation via phone, fax, or email is also available. Please see this page for more information:

http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=m_software_activation

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 71 of 1,174
carlsen.susan

It looks like I never got a serial number for 2011.  When I finally was able to get registered, since our school was using Maya 2010, I decided to download that version.  It's completely broken at this point so I don't know if activation would do any good.  Right now it shows that I only have Maya 2010, even though initially I downloaded 2011.

Message 72 of 1,174
brownlm6

When I click on the problem form link it takes me to a blank page.  This also happens when I try to go to the products page.  Please help, I only have one more free day in my trial.

Message 73 of 1,174
robojohn

I'm also having the same problem. I can't get to the downloads page or the product problem form as listed in solution 3.  I also couldn't get to the community page  intially and had to go through the main page to get here.  All I get is just a blank page that says its done loading.

Pages I'm referring to:

http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=problem_form

http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=download_center

Message 74 of 1,174
robojohn
in reply to: robojohn

I have used Chrome IE and mozilla.  I have tried the cache clearing and firewalls check. Is their anything else I can do?

Message 75 of 1,174
robojohn

I have gotten IE8 and now I can use the problem form, but when I submit it goes to a blank page and no confimation.

I have tried going to the download page while not logged and trying to download. It asks me to log in and then a blank page.  Cache clearing has not appeared to help.

Message 76 of 1,174
in reply to: 46349

I RECENTLY DOWNLOADED AUTOCAD 2010 AND THE 30 DAYS TRIAL  GIVEN  IS UP AND I CANNOT GET A SERIAL NUMBER AND PRODUCT KEY ,PLEASE, CAN YOU HELP ME .    

MY  EMAIL; marcxav50@hotmail.com                                                                        

Message 77 of 1,174
Mike
in reply to: 12707076

Hi all,

There was an issue with the download site but it should be resolved; some people though are still reporting issues when they try to access the download center or use the Education community website in general.

If you are still having issues, try logging out, clearing your cache and then logging back in again.

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 78 of 1,174
frommehelene

Hi, I installed the german student version (key number etc okay) which I bought new and officially. Inventor (which I don't need)  is running, but when I start the program the attached text appears. (sorry, german, shall I try to  translate?)

Choosing WEITER leads to standstill on the monitor and breakdown of the programme. Furthermore, always the AcadExchange window appears, which I don't need all the time. I can't close this either, it breaks down just in the same manner.

In fact, about three times I was able to draw 3 lines and save the drawing before the breakdown.

I really would like to use the programme, I paid for it....

hope someone can help? sorry for my poor english...

regards from Hamburg, Angie

Message 79 of 1,174
Mike
in reply to: frommehelene

Hi Angie,

What version of Windows are you using?

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 80 of 1,174
frommehelene

H- Mike,

it's WIN 7, the laptop is quite new, nothing illegal on it, Kaspersky installed.

No old Acad version was installed before, only some older dwg files somewhere which I had planned to go on with.

Registration etc seemed to go smoothly, only when I started the program trouble began.

thanx and regards Angie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report