Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
111930 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 41 of 1,174
Mike
in reply to: zeeshanmemon528

@zeeshanmemon528 wrote:

Hi,

I am a new student of AutoCAD 2012 and I have downloaded yuor product AutoCAD 2012 Trial Version from your Autodesk site and installed it but it can't run because it needs product key and activation N. Please help me to run it.

Thank you

Hi,

You can get a serial number from this web site:
http://students.autodesk.com

You will need to create an account in order to get the number. After you have created the account, go to the AutoCAD 2012 download page (from the Get Software tab at the top of any Education Community webpage) and go to the download page for the version (32 or 64-bit) of AutoCAD 2012 you installed.

On that page will be a link that says "Get Serial Number". Click on that link to get your number.

As an FYI, you do not need to download or install the software again; the only difference between the trial version and the student version is the serial number. The software, except for the Educational Plotstamp, is otherwise the same.

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 42 of 1,174

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key for Autocad 2011.

I´m a studend of Architecture in Ecuador. I´m stuying in the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador Sede Ibarra.

I need a serial number.  Help me please.

Message 43 of 1,174
Mike
in reply to: karlozbenalcazar

Hi Karlo,

Go to the Education Community page you downloaded from and click on the "Get Serial" link there to get a serial number.

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 44 of 1,174
saslouie
in reply to: brian.kling

None of this helps! Can Autodesk Help Center PLEASE actually do something? I've been desperatey waiting for a serial# and activation code email eversince I downloaded and created my account here!

on the website the "get serial#" doesn't work! and I HAVE done step 3, 20 times now. Nothing has happened!

please help!

Message 45 of 1,174
Mike
in reply to: saslouie

Hi saslouie,

I need to know the following in order to help you:

Where you are; the serial numbers are based on geographic location.

What the exact product is you are looking for; e.g. AutoCAD 2012, Maya 2010, etc.

Please answer the questions and I can use that information to check the database.

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 46 of 1,174
saslouie
in reply to: Mike

hey,

I'm in Berlin, Germany.

Technical University Berlin (TU Berlin)

I'm using a autocad 2011 for mac

thanks for your help!

sasan

Message 47 of 1,174
subpartner
in reply to: saslouie

Hi Sasan,

I checked your Education Community account and it was not activated. I have fixed this for you.

Check again to see if you can get a serial number.

Once you have the serial number and product key, launch AutoCAD for Mac 2011 and you should see a splash screen with two buttons. One labeled "Try" and the other "Activate". Click on the "Activate" button and follow the prompts.

Message 48 of 1,174
saslouie

thanks a lot, it worked!

not it's activated,

regards, sasan

Message 49 of 1,174

I found downloded software under my name with key# and serial#,It syas in red not yet activated,I have 12 days left on this trial vcersion.The instructuoins from Brian, states if you see serial/key #s your done???

I want to activate this so I can use it for school. Trying to activate Autocad 2012 LT.

thanks

john

Message 50 of 1,174
Mike
in reply to: 5208

Hi 5208,

AutoCAD LT 2012 is not offered to students as part of the free software available; no version of AutoCAD LT is.

if you have a valid serial number and product key, you should be able to activate the software by launching AutoCAD LT 2012 and when the splash screen comes up press the "Activate" button and follow the prompts.

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 51 of 1,174

I was on Autodesk, site this morning and they have a video which shows several ways to activates even if you download for 30 days.I have gone through this with Autodesk,some say it can be done others say it cant.

I have noticed a tremendous amount of questions regarding this,why doesn't someone have a vakid answer?I give uo I'm going to purchase some inexspensive cad ware so I can use it Cad is Cad.

thank you for the fast reply.

John

Message 52 of 1,174
holm.joshua

Maya, 3ds, mudflow, and a few other products are only available as 30 day trials. Is there any way to get a serial code and product key for these programs?
Message 53 of 1,174
Mike
in reply to: 5208

Hi,

You need a valid serial number and product key; you can get that by purchasing a copy of AutoCAD LT. As I mentioned previously, there is no student version of AutoCAD LT.

You can download and activate AutoCAD by creating a valid student account at http://students.autodesk.com

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 54 of 1,174
Mike
in reply to: holm.joshua

Hi Joshua,

All those programs are available for students on the student community website under the "Get Software" tab, with a 3 year license.

Here is a link to the student community:

http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=m_home

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 55 of 1,174
jcable

Hi, I had to reinstall Maya 2012  , my serial number words but my product key is showing invalid, could I please get some help?

Message 56 of 1,174

Hi,

I'm having problems activating my liscense. At startup the Lisencing window pops up says: "Please activate your product" so I click activate and it progresses to the privacy policy which i have read and what not, then the next window after that is blank except for two selection bubbles that have nothing attached and I have no idea where to go from here. I'm running AutoCAD 2012 on Windows 7 if it helps at all.

Please help

Thanks, Cullen

Message 57 of 1,174
Mike
in reply to: cullenmccann54

Hi,

Technical Document TS1053941 has a solution for this issue.
Here is a link to this Technical Document:
http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1053941

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 58 of 1,174
bmlake

I have been trying to using AutoCad 2011 for Mac, student edition for 3 days now.  I have downloaded, and installed the programs at least 3 times now. 

I received a serial number, and product key.  I was able to input all of that information perfectly fine.  I received an email saying that everything was registered, but still my software is listed as not active. 

Whenever I try to open the software, nothing happens.  The icon bounces, and the opening screen comes up, then goes away, and the program never opens.

I have sent several emails, and only been told to  usethe forums.  I have filled out the problem forms, and sent in many requests asking for help.  I cannot open the program, therefore cannot access the information requested in the forum solutions.

This is ridiculous that 3 days have gone by, and the only solution given is to look through user forums.  If this is a known issue, a solution should be easily accessable for all users. 

Message 59 of 1,174
Huzairsheik

How do I get my serial number and product key
Message 60 of 1,174
ralfonso

Hi Mike,

For several days now I have been getting this error message when trying to get the serial number:

We apologize, we are temporarily out of serial numbers for this product. You may download and install the 30 day trial version. Return to this page prior to or at the expiration of your 30 day trial to obtain your serial number for activation.

When will I be able to get the serial number, so the trial will not expire - or is there another way to get a serial # or activate the program?

Thanks for your good help!

Ralf

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report