Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEND command works from FILE drop down menu but not from icon on toolbar

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bhdavis
245 Views, 3 Replies

SEND command works from FILE drop down menu but not from icon on toolbar

AutoCAD LT 2014 new installation.

Using FILE, SEND sends the drawing to my email program (Thunderbird) correctly.

However if I drag the SEND icon to my primary tool bar from the commands list in the CUI it does nothing when the button is pressed.  In the CUI when the SEND command is highlighted there is no macro listed which explains why nothing is happening.  However I have no idea what macro to enter there.

Is there something I'm missing to get the SEND icon on the toolbar to work?

Thanks,

BH

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: bhdavis

That's not an installation question: that's a usage question and your post belongs in the program forum here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-LT-General/bd-p/43

No option to do so: see this old discussion about the very same thing http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2007-2008-2009/Command-to-send-mail/td-p/1983695

May I ask why you're not using ETRANSMIT command instead? It's the more professional method to share files that captures all the 'other' things the file needs.
Or since you are in LT2014, explore using the Autodesk 360 free cloud web-sharing feature with others if they really and truly only need a DWG file and don't suffer silently from all the missing content you've never shared 🙂

Message 3 of 4
bhdavis
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the response.

Well.......let's see.  The ETRANSMIT command requires about a dozen mouse clicks including locating the file in Windows Explorer so it can be right clicked upon and sent.  FILE, SEND is two mouse clicks to bring the file up in an email window.  Since I was trying to reduce 2 clicks to 1 with the SEND icon on the tool bar using ETRANSMIT is a significant step in the wrong direction.  There may of course be some shortcuts I haven't discovered using ETRANSMIT and would appreciate knowing them if they'll reduce this to less than 2 mouse clicks.

As to the "cloud" I have absolutely no use for that.  I am an independent business owner and do not have colleagues with whom I collaborate.  What I do have is very small drawings (think circles and squares) that need to be sent to vendors from whom I make purchases.  They use the simple drawings to see the items I need made.

So given the info your provided via the other links I can see I'll just continue to use FILE, SEND. 

I really do appreciate having these discussion groups as an asset.  Since I have only had LT 2014 on my PC about a week (upgrade from 2008) I'm still getting things configured.  I considered this a configuration question but can see how someone could view it otherwise.

Thanks again,

BH

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: bhdavis

ALT+F+D is the power user method to access that one, assuming you have WIndows set to display menu pulldown letters in all applications.

You can do the same with all the other menus, after typing ALT just type in each underlined letter until you get to the command you want.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report