Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
prmanningham
919 Views, 1 Reply

SCCM 2012 Application

Hi, in SCCM 2012 we now have "Applications" which is the new way to deploy software over the traditional "packages". There are many benefits in using this model instead of packages so I was wondering if any of you managed to deploy Maya 2014 with the "application" model in SCCM 2012?

The issue I have right now is since SCCM will move content from the source to its "Distribution Points" the hardcoded path in the .ini configuration files don't work. 

I was thinking in using the .msi directly along with this switch to circumvent the issue :

Img\x64\Maya\Maya2014.msi TRANSFORMS="Img\x64\Maya\Maya2014-Basic-Network.mst" ADSK_EULA_STATUS=#1 ADSK_SOURCE_ROOT="Img\" INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2014\" FILESINUSETEXT="" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ADSK_SETUP_EXE=1 /q

However, this doesn't work if there are missing prerequisite on the targeted system. 

Another thing I noticed with the traditional "package" model is even though I specified /norestart at the end of my deployment it restarted some of the machines. I suspect this happens on machines with missing prerequisite forcing a reboot. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
avto
in reply to: prmanningham

Thank you for using Autodesk Discussion Group forums.

Installing Maya 2014 via msi command line you noted, assumes that the system you are installing Maya 2014 has all Maya prerequisites installed.

In your Maya 2014 network deployment, you can check YourDeploymentName_SCCM.txt in SCCM folder for Maya 2014 and perequisites msi installation command line.

There some perequisites do not have /norestart flag, and /norestart is not included EXE_PARAM line in the same perequisites installation section in the deployment_name.ini file.
e.g.
[VCREDIST2008SP1X64]
PLATFORM=x64
PRODUCT_NAME=Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable (x64)
EXE64_PATH=3rdParty\x64\VCRedist\2008SP1\vcredist_x64.exe
EXE_PARAM=/q
VC_FUNC=VCx64RedisCheck
VC_SOURCE=Setup\SetupUi.dll
VC_PARAM={4B6C7001-C7D6-3710-913E-5BC23FCE91E6}
ROLLBACKABLE=NO
PATCHES=

I would suggest following:

1.If you are installing Maya 2014 via regular deployment image.
Try adding /norestart in the EXE_PARAM line (e.g. EXE_PARAM=/quiet /norestart) and see if this helps.

2.If you are installing Maya 2014 via msi command line
Try adding /norestart at the end of command line for each perequisites installation command.
e.g. Img\3rdParty\x86\VCRedist\2010SP1\vcredist_x86.exe /q /norestart

Regards,

Avto

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report