Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
504 Views, 6 Replies

SAM Report Information

, our exact requirement is we need to control the users with specified particular time to work.

Example :

User 1 should allocate the time to work from 7 :00 am to 10:00 am

User 2 should allocate the time to work from 10 :05 am to 12:00 pm

If the user 1 found working after specified time , then we need to terminate from the Server and allocate to User 3.

I hope you understand our requirement.

if yes how can be set up the option file.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

This one perplexed me for a bit, but I love a challenge. There really isn't any way in the adskflex.opt options file to allow users during a specific time frame. However, as an IT professional, I think I have come up with a way that might work for you.
What you need is three separate adskflex.opt files. One that allows User1 and blocks User2 and User3 and vice versa rotating access thru all Users. What you would then do is create a batch file that does a simple copy/replace of the adskflex.opt file on a scheduled task in Windows. The scheduled task when then also include a license reread from lmutil.exe and thus reactivate the options file that had just been copied.
This should give you enough information to get you started. If you need further explaination, feel free to let me know.
Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Hello mubi,

Is this specific with AutoCAD or could it be with windows session ?

Franck Hervet
www.aricad.fr

"mubi" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
6224882@discussion.autodesk.com...
> , our exact requirement is we need to control the users with specified
> particular time to work.
>
> Example :
>
> User 1 should allocate the time to work from 7 :00 am to 10:00 am
>
> User 2 should allocate the time to work from 10 :05 am to 12:00 pm
>
> If the user 1 found working after specified time , then we need to
> terminate from the Server and allocate to User 3.
>
> I hope you understand our requirement.
>
>
> if yes how can be set up the option file.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Franck,

this is for AutoCAD session only.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Hi TravisNave ,

the option what i am creating is not been accepted. can you please sent me one sample option file for reference.
Message 6 of 7
TravisNave

Certainly. You would need to create three different adskflex.opt files to use my example. Your adskflex.opt options file should include the following:
------------------
TIMEOUTALL 900
GROUPCASEINSENSITIVE ON
GROUP Users Username1
INCLUDE 71200ACD_2010_0F GROUP Users
MAX 1 71200ACD_2010_0F GROUP Users
EXCLUDE_BORROW 71200ACD_2010_0F GROUP Users
------------------
Now essentially what this file would do is create a TIMEOUT of 15 minutes to release an idle license. The next line makes it so when you create a GROUP, it ignores case sensitivity. The following line creates a GROUP called Users and you would then list the user that you want to have access to your license (you would change this user for each of the three adskflex.opt options files.) After that is the line where you INCLUDE the option for that user group to have access to the license. My example uses the feature code for AutoCAD 2010, but you can put any feature code from your product in here as needed. The INCLUDE option only allows that user access and excludes all other access. The next line ensures that the group can only have one license at a time. Assuming you only have one license, this may not be necessary. I just included it because I am not sure of your setup. The final line makes it so that borrowing is disabled for that feature code. This will keep any of the users from borrowing the license to extend their usage for longer than they are allowed.
What you would then need to do is creat a simple DOS batch (*.bat or *.cmd) file that would copy and overwrite your adskflex.opt with the necessary file and run it as a Windows Sheduled Task. You will also need to include the license reread command using the LMUTIL.EXE. Simply run the command LMUTIL LMREREAD and it will force an update of the license file thus putting the newly copied options file into effect.
Does this make sense?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 7
TravisNave

I also notice that your topic is entitled SAM Report Information. Although this particular process doesn't really involve SAMReport. However, if you do intend on using it, you will also need this line in your adskflex.opt options file:
REPORTLOG +"C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\report.rl"
This will create the report log that SamReport uses. You can get your SamReport Lite license here:
http://autodesk.globes.com

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report