Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running old version of AutoCADMAP, R2

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Hydrologist26
292 Views, 4 Replies

Running old version of AutoCADMAP, R2

I have a copy of AutoCAD map R2 that I purchased new nearly 20-years ago that I would like to run on my current computer with MS VISTA operating system.  Prior to a harddrive failure, I had the program running with some on-line tips from this community and a new authorization code from AutoDesk.  Currently, when I try to run the program I get a pop-up error message from the 'SmartHeap Library' saying"MEM_BAD_POINTER." The online tips required that I make changes in the start-up(?) program code.  But I lost this info when my hard drive failed.  Does anyone still recall how to get this dinosaur running again? It's strictly for personal use, so a $5,000 investment in a program upgrade is out of the question.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Hydrologist26

Do you use the MAP features, and why you are hanging on to this R2 version of MAP? or is it relegated to just stock CAD drafting use.

Message 3 of 5
Hydrologist26
in reply to: pendean

To be honest, I don't remember how many of the 'Map' features I used.? But I did generate many maps using the program. It's just that it would be easy for me to get reacquainted with the program, not to mention feeling like that I didn't waste ~$4,000 in the mid-1990's purchasing it.?
Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Hydrologist26

Can't get the 1990s back my friend: if you're just looking for a personal use CAD program that mimics ancient AutoCAD from the 1990s, there are 3-4 legit freeware you can use today and they install fine in all Windows versions.
Send me a private message if you want links.
Message 5 of 5
Hydrologist26
in reply to: pendean

I'm new to forum and obviously not that computer literate. How do I send a private message?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report