I currently have 14r license manager running on a winnt 4 workstation for
the office, 25 licenses. I want to install a 2000i license manager, and
gradually migrate licenses, but it seems to step on the 14r manager. Any
Don't do a separate install of the 2ki adlm. Just upgrade the existing
install (you may not even have to upgrade it, but I would recommend it).
The single adlm can issue licenses for both R14 and 2000i at the same time.
You will have to get new auth codes for your 2000i licenses since you will
be moving them to a different server.
1. Run a backup of the existing adlm server.
2. Write down the server code and the existing R14 auth code.
3. Un-install the existing adlm.
4. Install the 2000i version of the adlm
5. Verify that the server code hasn't changed (it shouldn't but who
6. Verify that the adlm server is issuing r14 licenses.
7. Call autodesk and get the new 2000i license code for the server code
on the existing adlm server.
8. Enter the new server code into the existing adlm server
9. Shut down the other adlm server.
Now with one adlm server you are issuing licenses for both r14 and 2000i.
Note: There are some restrictions on how long you are allowed to run both
r14 and whatever version you've upgraded to. Check your eula for details.
Marion keith wrote in message
> I currently have 14r license manager running on a winnt 4 workstation for
> the office, 25 licenses. I want to install a 2000i license manager, and
> gradually migrate licenses, but it seems to step on the 14r manager. Any