Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Profiles and Windows Installer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
RobLewis
274 Views, 3 Replies

Roaming Profiles and Windows Installer

We are running our network with Novell NDS management using roaming profiles. Licensing for Autocad is managed by a microsoft based license server. Distribution to our workstations uses Autodesk network deployment from a Microsoft based server.
The issue I am having is that every time Autocad 2005 is launched the microsoft installer reinstalls the users profile 109mb onto the local machine even though it is already there as the roaming profile put it back when the user first logged into the workstation.
The local distributor has been trying to help but to no avail.
Has anyone else had this problem and how can we fix it I am sure a lot of people use roaming profiles
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: RobLewis

"RobLewis" wrote in message news:29534661.1093932880379.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > We are running our network with Novell NDS management using roaming profiles. Licensing for Autocad is managed by a microsoft based license server. Distribution to our workstations uses Autodesk network deployment from a Microsoft based server. > The issue I am having is that every time Autocad 2005 is launched the microsoft installer reinstalls the users profile 109mb onto the local machine even though it is already there as the roaming profile put it back when the user first logged into the workstation. > The local distributor has been trying to help but to no avail. > Has anyone else had this problem and how can we fix it I am sure a lot of people use roaming profiles Rob, We have the same setup. We are a school, with 1200 different autocad users, roaming all the time. Well, I figured it out: I set all path that led to the users profile dir, to a directory in his homedirectory on the network. This path is also in the registry/autocad part, so you set it there to the right location. There I copied all files that were previously in the profiles. And zenworks distributes these files at the first time the user starts autocad. Also some dirs, like the textures, are on a central place where users can't change anything. Haven't seen an installer since then. -- Regards, Paul Minnaert,
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hi Paul,

Dame roaming profile problem is torturing me. Acad 2005 is installed on XP(SP2) machines in a NT4 domain. The Windows installer is always launched and start installation jsut like first time run.

To redirect all path to user home dir is a good idea but I am not sure how you set all path that led to the users profile dir to Home Dir? Do you mean change the path in ACAD -Tool -Option or something? If you can get it a little bit more detail, it will be great. I am a newer to ACAD.

Thanks !

Gary
Message 4 of 4
garylee

Hi Paul !

just one more question,
Does this change affect only the current logon user or all users?

Thanks.

Gary

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report