Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
cp383
142 Views, 1 Reply

Ribbon mouse-over errors

Hello all,

I have a fresh install of Inventor Professional 2012, 64-bit, on Windows 7.

I'm seeing a problem that might be best described as swapping the mouse-over and mouse-out events for the ribbon and model browser.  When starting Inventor, the ribbon (but not the file menu icon) is black, and only appears when moving the mouse into it.  Then, buttons are highlighted in blue not when they are moused over, but when the mouse leaves the button, so when scanning across mutiple buttons the highlight is always one button behind the mouse position.

The problem persists in the model browser.  For example, I can mouse over the entry for the YZ origin plane and nothing appears in the drawing, then moving down to hover over the XZ plane, the YZ plane appears in the drawing window, and so on.  Leaving the model browser entirely the last plane I hovered over then appears.

Mouse over of sketch and part elements in the viewer don't seem to be affected, nor do mouse-over tool-tips in the ribbon.  Uninstalling and reinstalling did not fix the problem.  The behavior is the same with or without Windows Aero.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

The problem may be caused by your Video Card. Please make sure that your Video Card drivers are up to date and supported.

Inventor system requirements:

http://usa.autodesk.com/autodesk-inventor/system-requirements/

To find out if your Graphic Card is supported.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/cert?siteID=123112&id=16391880

Hope this helps...

Timmy De Austria
Product Support | Up and Ready Blog | If my reply was helpful, please Kudo or Accept as Solution. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report