Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit trial 2014 problem installing "communication failure"

32 REPLIES 32
Message 1 of 33
lukecopley
16673 Views, 32 Replies

Revit trial 2014 problem installing "communication failure"

Hi, 

I cant seem to download the free trial for Revit 2014, its working on my laptop but not on my PC. I downloaded the exe file from the website and open it and click run but then nothing happens. 

I have also tried running the "setup" application in C drive (computer- System (C)- Autodesk - Autodesk_revit_2014 etc), when this happens the autodesk revit setup intialization comes up but also an error message saying (have also included picture):

"Communication Failure"

Download and instillation has been interrupted by lost connection between the Autodesk webiste and this computer. The most likely causes are: 

-The instillaiton package was removed from the install location, which is not supported

-The Autodesk download website was closed manually or refreshed beforethe instaler launced

-A fire wall has blocked the network ports 

Please address these issues if possible, return to the website, and then click Install Now, or use another download methoid: Download Now or Browser Download. 

I have tried all of the above but to no avail, also checked space on Pc and have plenty, any help would be greatly appreciated!! 

Thanks 

32 REPLIES 32
Message 21 of 33
J_Joseph
in reply to: philip.s

The "Ask" button doesn't lead to anything. Please help.
Message 22 of 33
marco.pusterla
in reply to: lukecopley

I am trying to install Revit on Parallels desktop in a Mac Book Pro and I have the same problem.

"Communication Failure"

Download and instillation has been interrupted by lost connection between the Autodesk webiste and this computer. The most likely causes are: 

-The instillaiton package was removed from the install location, which is not supported

-The Autodesk download website was closed manually or refreshed before the instaler launced

Any other suggestion to solve this?

Message 23 of 33
J_Joseph
in reply to: marco.pusterla

Hi Marco,

I was able to bypass this problem by installing the download manager first,
and then installing Revit. If you choose Download Now form the drop-down
menu on the Autodesk website, when you go to download and install the
software, it will install the download manager, which is much better at
installing products than the standard installer.

I hope this helps.
Message 24 of 33
dany_naice

Hi there Philip, 

When I try to use the ASK button nothing seems to happen. 

Still needing help downloading the Revit 2014

Message 25 of 33
J_Joseph
in reply to: dany_naice

Hey Phillip,

Try downloading the download manager instead of Revit, itself. The download
manager is a much more reliable installer.

I hope that helps.

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Message 26 of 33
philip.s
in reply to: dany_naice

Hi @dany_naice and @J_Joseph!

I just updated the outdated post to include a link to the proper Virtual Agent location.  

Message 27 of 33
joelforbes

I have the same problem I can't download it or install it some one please help
Message 28 of 33
camilo.lemos
in reply to: joelforbes

Hi @joelforbes  and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Please, disable your firewall and anti-virus programs and download the software from our Virtual Agent linked here (click on Download Links, choose product and version).

Please accept as solution if my post fully resolves your issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

Camilo Lemos

Message 29 of 33
s3327830
in reply to: svesjo

Hi,

Hit the down facing arrow on the right hand side of the ''install now'' it should give you a drop down and options. it worked for me 🙂

Message 30 of 33
saadsazer

i downloaded the autodesk revit software 2014 now the problem is where is the icon of revit its no where .... kindly help

Message 31 of 33
philip.s
in reply to: saadsazer

Hi @saadsazer!

Not sure if you were able to figure this one out but it sounds like the program did not install all the way which would explain why the icon is not showing up anywhere.

As a workaround to the Communication Failure error that can occur with Install Now, can you try utilizing the Browser Download option (also available in the Autodesk Virtual Agent) as a workaround?

Message 32 of 33
BVisser

I downloaded Revit 2014 student version for my 32bit pc at the work place. Works 100%. Though at Home I have very limited internet data so I cannot redownload the full 2.9GB + download. I copied the files over. Installed teh setup adn it works but then I get this similar error. Is there another way to Fix this or is downloading it again the only option?

"Communication Failure"

-The Autodesk download website was closed manually or refreshed beforethe instaler launced

Message 33 of 33
philip.s
in reply to: BVisser

Hi @BVisser,

In this case your best bet is to download again via an alternative method, specifically browser download from the Autodesk Virtual Agent.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report