Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit is not installing Help!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Bugsi
582 Views, 3 Replies

Revit is not installing Help!!!

everytime I try to install revit it gives me this messege, i did it only with revit architecture and then I tried the 2012 setup i have and i keep giving the same results..messege says: (Erro 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setlup did not finish as expected. Contack your support personel or package vendor.) then i install the 2013 version and it's not starting..-messege say: (an unrecoverable error had occured. The program will now be terminated. All of your data has been recently saved, so there is no need to create recovery files.) and just won't start the program.what do i do to fix both problems?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Tony_Michniewicz
in reply to: Bugsi

If I understood your scenario correctly, you were never able to successfully install Revit 2012 (based on your supplied log file, it appears that you tried installing Revit Architecture, MEP and Structure) and even though the Revit 2013 install completed (not sure which version of Revit 2013 was installed), the program crashes on startup.

If this is accurate, I believe your best course of action would be to uninstall all of your Autodesk programs, clean any remnants from these installs and then install the version(s) of Revit you require.  The following technical document covers the process of removing all Autodesk programs as well as remnants from these installs:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS45252

Additionally, make sure that you are logged in as a user with administrative privileges and clear out the Windows temp folder before performing your installations.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 3 of 4
Bugsi
in reply to: Tony_Michniewicz

do i have to uninstall all my autodesk programs?

Message 4 of 4
Tony_Michniewicz
in reply to: Bugsi

That decision is really up to you but from my experience, installation problems like the one you've described are easier to resolve in this fashion.  However, if you have a large number of other Autodesk products already installed on this system, I can understand why you wouldn't want to go through the effort of uninstalling and reinstalling everything.

If you want to start by uninstalling Revit 2012 and 2013 and reinstalling Revit 2013, let me know and I can provide you with a list of files, folders and registry entries that can be safely removed without impacting other installed Autodesk programs.  Also, if you want to try this method, it would be helpful to get a list of the other Autodesk programs installed on this sytem.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report