Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit installation problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
calebg
487 Views, 5 Replies

Revit installation problem

Hey. I downloaded the online student version of Revit architecture last night and after it finished downloading I had some problems. It tells me the download is complete and gives me this link "Open Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012 (English) 32/64-Bit (1 of 1)" to open it. When I click on the link another window opens and says "

“5868a8f2762f6f90129dabf838e49a8863648b85” is a file which was downloaded from the internet. Are you sure you want to open it?" I have tryed all of the programs I have and none of them will open it. What do I open it with? Also it didnt let me choose where i wanted it downloaded

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: calebg

Try addining .exe to the filename extension and then please post back the results for verification.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
TH
Community Visitor
in reply to: TravisNave

I had the same problem with Navisworks.  I added .exe and the program started to install.

Thanks for the heads up!

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: TH

Thanks for verifying that this works.  I had made this suggestion a few times recently and have yet to get confirmation on it. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
silviaberian
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi,  I have the same problem as the person that posted. 

Where exactly to I add  .exe???    Do you mean by the file which was downloaded from the internet ?

Please help, i am at the end of my wits....

thanks

Silvia

Message 6 of 6
TH
Community Visitor
in reply to: silviaberian

You can add the .exe to the file you downloaded or try this.

When you download the file the website give you a like to click.

When you click the link the compoter doen't know how to open the file.  Have your computer open the link with internet explorer.

Once I did that it went to the usuall download pop up that gives you the option to open/save/cancel.

Hopefully that will work for you too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report