Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit failed installation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sjohnson259
939 Views, 4 Replies

Revit failed installation

Ok so I recently bought a new laptop and I am trying to update it will all of the Architectural software that I had on my last.  However every time I attempt to download Revit 2012 it always tells me that the " installation is complete. Some products failed to install."  Honestly I am completely lost as to why this may be happening, and I am wondering if anyone has experienced this or is aware of some sort of bug with the installation on windows 7?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
noorakela
in reply to: sjohnson259

I'm having the same problem as well. The error log keeps giving me this message (at the end of the log):

2012/1/29:00:45:07    Name    NMSI    Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86): C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Revit_Architecture_2012_English_Win_32-64bit\3rdParty\x86\VCRedist\2010\vcredist_x86.exe /q /l C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_x86_2010.log
2012/1/29:00:45:09    Name    NMSI    Install    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86)    Failed    Installation aborted, Result=1603

I'm running Windows 7 and have previously installed AutoCAD products (AutoCAD Architecture and an older version of Revit Architecture, though the latter was missing some key components) on it successfully.

I've read through the help site and found nothing that would assist me with this particular error.

I hope someone knows what this is about and how to fix it.

Message 3 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: noorakela

The most common work-around for this one is to uninstall your Visual C++ and then run your installer again.  The installation failes on the prerequisite because you likely have a newer version already installed. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 5
noorakela
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you for your answer, TravisNave.

For some reason, I cannot find the Visual C++ on my computer (the search only comes up with a few individual files - should I remove those?). Also, I've tried uninstalling the older version of Revit I tried (and failed) to install, and the program indeed doesn't show up on the Remove a Program list anymore. Yet it doesn't let me install the correct version.

Is there any workaround for this?

Message 5 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: noorakela

To Diagnose and Fix un-installation problems automatically, please see the new Microsoft tool for this here:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autdoesk products, see this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

For all other installation problems on Windows XP SP2 or below consider using the Microsoft Installer Clean Up Utility. For more information on this program, please my forum post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Microsoft-Installer-Clean-Up-Utility-for-Add-Re...

Your product is failing to install because the prerequiste program required by the installer is newer than the version being installed. Please uninstall the prerequisite program causing the issue and run your installer again.

For more information about this process, please see my KB link here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Some-Products-Fail-to-Install-Result-1603/td-p/...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report