Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit.exe - Entry Point Not Found

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
KateMorricalTowne
4977 Views, 6 Replies

Revit.exe - Entry Point Not Found

I recently reinstalled Revit 2013 on a computer in my office (required Microsoft's install/uninstall utility first to clean up an old version). Now it's installed, but when I try to open it I get a dialog "Revit.exe - Entry Point Not Found: The procedure entry point <> could not be located in the dynamic link library Utility.dll".

I have repaired the installation, reinstalled it, rebooted, replaced "Utility.dll" with the one from the installer directory...not sure what else to try. Any suggestions?

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
asburyj
in reply to: KateMorricalTowne

Hi Kate,

Sounds like you had the right idea with replacing the utility.dll. The issue could also be related to you system not being able to access or find the utility.dll. Can you check the following.

1.) Disable your antivirus or any security software and then try launching again to ensure it is not blocking access to the file.

2.) Check the permissions on the utility.dll file by going to the file properties and ensure the acocunt in question has read permissions.

3.) If the above two don't product any results, try copying the utility.dll from Revit a working system and into the non working system replacing the existing file. 

If all of the above fail i would suggest a clean re-install of Revit using the instructions linked below. 

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 7
KateMorricalTowne
in reply to: asburyj

The clean uninstall eventaully did it. I also uninstalled an add-on that got left behind (COINS Auto-Section Box) before I tried the reinstall. Not sure if that had anything to do with it, but either way it's back now!

Thanks~

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 4 of 7

I am having the same problem for my hp, for Auto Cad 2015. Im not very techy so my question is how do you:
-Disable antivirus?
-Replace the utility.dll. ?
-Check the permission of the utility.dll file?
-Define "working system", and "non working system". And replace the existing file?
-And last one, how do you perform a clean install?
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 7
asburyj
in reply to: kentlord14

Here are the clean re-install instructions. You'll want to start there since that's what worked for the original poster

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Jeffry Asbury
Message 6 of 7
kentlord14
in reply to: asburyj

clean un install did not work and i am still getting " "Revit.exe - Entry Point Not Found: The procedure entry point <>". So its the same thing. How do I change the utility.dll? 

Or since im not as techy as the person before me, should i just take it to Geek Squad and have them install it?

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 7
asburyj
in reply to: kentlord14

If none of the provided solutions resolved your issue I am not sure what might be leading to that error on your system. It may be time to consider an operating system rebuild. 

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report