Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit architecture will not install

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
choicefotos.perth
487 Views, 14 Replies

Revit architecture will not install

I have tried twice to install Revit I am totally confused 

It comes up stating some products have not installed.

attached is the installation log, my system requirements are correct etc

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

My system I am running

64bit windows 8

I also have installed auto CAD 2d also solid works

Message 3 of 15

Revit 2012 is not supported on Windows 8, http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS14026408, but you might try Travis's previous post http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/AutoCAD-2013-Suite-failed-installation-aborted-....

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 15

Actually, your product is failing to install because the prerequiste program required by the installer is newer than the version being installed. Please uninstall the prerequisite program causing the issue and run your installer again. Uninstall the version that shows the error at the end of your log file.

For more information about this process, please see my KB link here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Some-Products-Fail-to-Install-Result-1603/td-p/...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 15

could you give me a hint on what i need to uninstall and then reinstall
Message 6 of 15

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86)

Uninstall that from Control Panel.  Then run the Autodesk installer.  Let it try to install it.  If it fails, install it manually from Microsoft and see if that helps.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 15

thanks I will give it a go
Message 8 of 15

I am having the same problem and will try uninstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 as you suggested.  Will I need to reinstall that after Revit successfully installs (I hope)?

Message 9 of 15

It defiantly worked for me good luck
Message 10 of 15

OK, so you uninstalled the Microsoft Visual program, then ran the Autodesk Revit install again? Do we need the Visual Programafter that?
Message 11 of 15
bethannt31
in reply to: TravisNave

I am having the same problem as choicefotos.perth.  Your suggestion was successful for them.  My question is, do we need the Microsoft Visual program after Revit installs successfully?  If so, where do we find that again?  My installation log file is attached. 

Message 12 of 15

Im not sure I think revit reinstalled it
Message 13 of 15

OK, I will give it a try. Thanks.
Message 14 of 15
bethannt31
in reply to: TravisNave

I have tried uninstalling the MicroSoft Visual C++ 2010 and the MicroSoft Visual C++ 2005 programs, with no success.  Do you have any other suggestions as to what I can try?  I have attached the most recent installation log.

Message 15 of 15
TravisNave
in reply to: bethannt31

Your problem is with C++ 2008.  You can try installing it manually from Microsoft.com if you need to.  Or see my link here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Some-Products-Fail-to-Install-Result-1603/td-p/...

Good Luck!

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report