Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Won't Install

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
JRoh
1331 Views, 6 Replies

Revit Won't Install

I am having the worse time trying to reinstall Revit 2014 onto my computer. I have had Revit 2014 on my computer since the day it was available and when I recently tried to install the Service Packs, Revit indicates that I am missing certain files for the updates to install. So I went to Repair my installation and Revit said it was missing the files and could not repair; therefore, I tried to do a reinstall. Same result. I then tried to uninstall and even more errors came up saying that Revit could not be uninstalled. I have read many forums here that indicated to perform a mass uninstall of all Autodesk Products. I followed all the instructions from deleting all the Autodesk files, clearing my computer registry, etc. I have no Autodesk products on my computer and the attached image is what I get everytime I try to do a new install. Your installation software still thinks I have Revit on my computer and I get NO OPTION TO REPAIR. What gives? What do I need to do? This has wasted about a week of my time and I am a Revit guru that goes around promoting your product...lately I am very frustrated by the installation problems...Why is this product out of all the software out there the worst at installation? I need a solution ASAP!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DannyHubbard
in reply to: JRoh

You should be able to use the Microsoft Fix It utility to remove what ever is remaining of the Revit install so that you can reinstall the product again.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 7
JRoh
in reply to: DannyHubbard

I was able to use the Microsoft Fix tool to remove all Autodesk and Revit products. Now when I go to your website to download my Revit 2014 install, I get the attached error every single time. I have tried 10 times and have also tried from different browsers. Also I have tired all the methods of Install, Download, and Browser Download. I also have my antivirus software disabled and my firewall is also disabled for this install. I don't have internet connection issues. This deployment package for Revit 2014 is very frustrating. I have had students also have various issues like this as well. In our office, the internet installers also had so many issues that we had to have Autodesk send the intaller on a USB stick. Any chance I can get the same?

Message 4 of 7
DannyHubbard

You might try downloading from a different site.

Go to http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS21889745

Scroll down to the Non-Subscription Customers section and pick on the link for Virtual Agent.

Then select Download links and Autodesk Revit Products, then the type and version of Revit you are after.

Then try installing from the downloaded executable.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 7
JRoh

The link in the acceptable solution worked! Thank you. So then it appears there are issues with the Education Community Webpage Installers. I'll make sure to add this solution to my class FAQ's. Thanks.

Message 6 of 7
arunsharma0603

sir how can  dowanload the plant design suite.i have a account  on the  autosesk .please guide me 

Message 7 of 7

Hi @arunsharma0603,

You can download your product either from your account as shown in this article, or you can download it from our Virtual Agent.

Cheers

Alessandra G

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report