Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Structures 2012 Extensions - bridgefmailies REX folder install BUG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mike.burke
1897 Views, 3 Replies

Revit Structures 2012 Extensions - bridgefmailies REX folder install BUG

We have discovered that the when we install Revit Structures 2012 Extension, it does not put the REX Bridge Families folders in the correct location.

When we use the bridge extension tools in RST 2012, it complains about missing families files, and shows us the location where they should be. In XP that location is meant to be:  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\REX\2012\...

We have discovered the installer puts the bridge family folders next to where the installer is run from! The default location for the installer is:  C:\Autodesk\REX_RST_2012. The installer puts the bridge families folders here: C:\Autodesk\REX\2012\...

We can manually move them to the correct location under Docs & Settings. But we shouldn't have to.

I have attached one of the error text files from the Bridge extension, for your reference.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hashim.mundol
in reply to: mike.burke

Thank you for sharing this, I will inform  the relevant team at Autodesk to check this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
mike.burke
in reply to: hashim.mundol

@hashim.mundol wrote:

Thank you for sharing this, I will inform  the relevant team at Autodesk to check this.

This week I did my first install of Revit Structure 2012 Extensions on a Windows 7 computer, and the files are put in the correct location by the installer. It looks like it only affects Windows XP installs.

Thanks

Mike

Message 4 of 4
PaulRowan
in reply to: mike.burke

For small scale deployments, copying the files will probably be fine, but for those that need to deploy the package to a large audience:

This appears to be due to undocumented behavior in Windows XP x64

There is a variable used by MSI packages to determine the version number of the OS – (VersionNT), there is an additional one on x64 editions of windows (VersionNT64).

On Windows XP (x86 or x64) it should be 501, on Windows XP x64 it is 502; a value of 502 indicates Windows Server 2003, according to Microsoft's documentation, ref : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa370556(v=vs.85).aspx,

In the Revit Structure 2012 Extensions package, VersionNT is used to determine the install path for the bridge families files (by assigning a value to property Public_Dir.D3BA0FD3_834E_4146_9645_962FB87D2D52). Changing the condition causes the files to be installed to the common AppData folder.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report