Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP Update Release 3 Install Error code 1603

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
troy.wright
1361 Views, 5 Replies

Revit MEP Update Release 3 Install Error code 1603

Hello.

I am Currently runing Revit MEP 2013 Update 2 and have tried to install the update 3. I have the correct file and am using administrator privelages, however I get error code 1603.

I have tried searching online for a solution and came up with nothing, except that the error code 1603 is generic. 

I have attached my log files too so hopefully you can help.

Thanks,

Troy

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I haven't seen a 1603 error with the 2013 Update Release 3 installs yet but initial suggestion would be to reboot your system, delete the contents of the Windows temp folder (accessible by typing %temp% in Windows Explorer) and then running the install again.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your response Tony. 

Unfortunately I have already tried these steps many times to no avail.

Did my install log give any hints?

Thanks

Troy

Message 4 of 6

Yes, your log file indicates that the update is not finding the expected version of Revit MEP and this is why the installation fails.  With that in mind, UR3 should be able to be installed on the original version of RME 2013 (20120221_2030), UR1 (20120716_1115) or UR2 (20121003_2115).  The easiest way to check your current version of Revit is to access the About dialog where the build number will be displayed in the upper right corner.  In addition to your current build number, it would be good to know if you installed anything else related to RME 2013, including hotfixes, add-ins or other modifications.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Message 5 of 6

Hi Tony,

My Revit version is 20121003_2115(x64) Update Release 2.

The file I am using to update is Autodesk_Revit_MEP_2013-x64_Update3.

Is that correct? I also tried the BDSU one and it doesn't work.

With regard to hotfixes and other software:

Autodesk Revit MEP 2013 Space Naming Utility

Autodesk Revit Model Review 2013

Batch Print for Autodesk Revit 2013

eTransmit for Autodesk Revit 2013

Hotfix - Autodesk Revit 2013 - Stability, Productivity and Server

Other than that I have a couple of addins such as coins auto selection box.

Plus I have Revit versions 2011 and 2012 with the same updates as above.

Thanks,

Troy

Message 6 of 6

Hmm, this is a strange one since your current build is one that is targeted by Update Release 3.  I ran through several tests to see if I could reproduce this problem using the add-ins and hotfix that you have installed but Update Release 3 installed properly in each case.

My next suggestion would be to reinstall Revit MEP 2013 using the following steps:

1. Access the Windows Control Panel.

2. Under the Programs category, click Uninstall a program.

3. Select the Revit MEP 2013 entry from the list of programs, then click Uninstall.

4. Click Repair or Reinstall.

5. Enable the Reinstall option and click Reinstall.

This process should restore the "expected" (in this case Revit MEP 2013 Update Release 2) version of the Revit MEP 2013 installation files, which may allow you to successfully install Update Release 3.  If this works, please note that you will need to apply the Autodesk Revit 2013 - Stability, Productivity and Server hotfix again because the updated version of these files will be overwritten during the reinstall.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report