Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP Suite and AutoCAD licensing

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jhall
531 Views, 2 Replies

Revit MEP Suite and AutoCAD licensing

I've just ordered Revit MEP Suite.  I'm wondering if the new license number be the same number for all software within the suite.  And if so, for AutoCAD, would I have to uninstall and then reinstall because of the new licesning?  I don't want to do this because I would loose all of my customization, and it's a lot of it.  It'll take me a day to migrate over all the lisp, pathing, hatches, linetypes, etc. etc. etc.  It's heavily customized, we'll leave it at that.  Will I be able to use the migration tool to transfer most of this over from the same release version to the same release version (AutoCAD 2012 to AutoCAD 2012)?  I'm a little frightened about what this might do.  I will need to be back up to speed with AutoCAD quickly after we do this change over.  I will still have to get out production drawings as we go through the hard knocks of learning and implimenting RevitMEP.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: jhall

Post this issue in the Installation & Licensing forum mentioned at the top of this forum. You're more likely to get better, faster responses there.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: jhall

You won't need to reinstall your AutoCAD for it to properly cascade to the Revit MEP Suite.  AutoCAD should be able to take a Revit license if no other AutoCAD licenses are available.  Serial number is irrelevant for network licensing.  If you have both AutoCAD and Revit licenses separate in your NLM, you will want to make sure that the licenses are generated on the same date so that the Revit license will not supersede your older AutoCAD license.  That way you can continue to use both.

For more information about the cascade order of the suites, see this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16981643&linkID=9240657&CMP=OTC-RSS...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report