Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit MEP 2013 Update Release 1 - correct build number?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
plawton5092
889 Views, 7 Replies

Revit MEP 2013 Update Release 1 - correct build number?

Anyone:

Quoting from the latest fine excretion from autodesk:

Prior to installing the Update Release 1, please verify that you have already installed the First Customer Ship build of Autodesk Revit MEP 2013.

Any clues about what the build number should be prior to installing, and what it should read after installing the update?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20122070&linkID=12828318

The information is NOT in th English Readme, where it belongs:

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/Autodesk_Revit_MEP_2013_Update_1_Readme.htm

Apparently this is the first time autodesk has issued a software patch, so we are being patient with them as they figure out how to run a software compnay ....

thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
philip.s
in reply to: plawton5092

Hi plawton5092,

I apologize for the inconvenience / confusion. At this moment we've only released one build of Revit MEP 2013 which corresponds to the First Customer Shipment. Your feedback has been passed onto the appropriate parties for future UR documentation improvements.

Message 3 of 8
plawton5092

Mr. Philip Schmelzer:

Thank you for your reply, but you did not answer my question:  What is the build number before installation of the patch, and what is the build number after the installation of the patch?  Why is this information not in the Readme file?

When I look at the Help-> About dialog box in Revit MEP 2010, there is just a build number.

When I look at the Help-> About dialog box in Revit MEP 2011, it has a build number, then below that Web Update 2 Service Pack.

When I look at the Help-> About dialog box in Revit MEP 2012, it has a build number and below that Update Release 2.

When I look at the Help-> About dialog box in Revit MEP 2013, there is just a build number.

Our office has rolled out RMEP 2013, and the rollout script says that it has installed the update, but there is no indication of any 'Update' under the build number.  We have grown to expect ridiculous changes in every release of autodesk software, so I was not surprised to see this lack of Update indicator.  However, we do need to all be using the same builds, so we need to understand what the build numbers should read, prior and post.

Please respond.

Message 4 of 8
philip.s

plawton5092,

I've escalated this inquiry to my product support colleagues for additional assistance. Please expect all renaming communications to be received via email.

Message 5 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: philip.s

its says on here what the build number is supposed be after installation of Update 1

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
DarrenP

@plawton5092 wrote:

When I look at the Help-> About dialog box in Revit MEP 2013, there is just a build number.

it should say

build (20120716_1115) Update Release 1 if the update was installed

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
plawton5092

DarrenP~

Thank you - you are correct, it is in fact listed in the Enhancements file:

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/Enhancements_List_RME_2013_UR1.pdf

Thanks again - do you work for Autodesk?

(I do wonder, tho, why it's not in the Readme file .... and why Mr. Schmelzer could not put his finger on it.)

We will install and look for that updated build number - thanks!

Message 8 of 8
DarrenP

no i don't work for autodesk

just someone who posts alot

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report