Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit License Install issue

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rocyr
531 Views, 5 Replies

Revit License Install issue

I wanted to move a stand alone license from one computer to another. I incorrectly uninstalled revit on the first computer installed of using the licence utility. How can I now move revit from one computer and re-license it on the new computer? Should just re-install on the first computer and try to use the license utility?

Thanks in advance, Roland

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: rocyr

Yes, you can use the LTU to move the license.  If you have any problems with this tool, simply uninstall the incorrect machine and reactivate the new one.  If activation fails, call Autodesk Activations and get a new activation code.  1-800-551-1490.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
rocyr
in reply to: TravisNave

LTU is no longer available because I uninstalled Revit first (my mistake).

1) Should I re-install revit and try the LTU on the original computer?

or j

2) Should ust do the install on the new computer and call the 800 number?

Thanks for your quick response, Roland

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

Personally, I hate the LTU.  The thing never works. If the LTU were people, it'd be on welfare.  Smiley Very Happy

I'd recommend calling the Activation hotline and just getting your license activation straightened out there. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
lish

Hi there...my problem looks like,when I'm installing my Revit Architecture 2012 32/64 bit on the end of installation says is completed but some of the products/parts are failed to install. I got my serial number and product key but I don't see Revit on my screen. Just I have in system C folder Autoedes and there is Revit folder but that's all. What I installed is just the Material Library. Can someone could help me,I would like to start my projects Cat Sad

Message 6 of 6
Chris.Aquino

I would install on the second machine, then try to activate normally. If you run into issues, then I would call to have your license activated. As for the old machine, I would go through the document below to remove Revit from the old machine.

How to remove all Autodesk products from a Windows system

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report