Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Download Issue - Student - Windows 8.1

34 REPLIES 34
SOLVED
Message 1 of 35
mrae73
3667 Views, 34 Replies

Revit Download Issue - Student - Windows 8.1

I'm trying to download and install Revit student. I have windows 8.1.

The error states it a "Communication Failure" but I'm direct connect to internet and have full bars. I've turned off the firewall.

I'm still I'm getting the failure (see attached picture).

I've tried all 3 download options and I can't get it to work.

Please help........Thank you,

Melissa

34 REPLIES 34
Message 2 of 35
TravisNave
in reply to: mrae73

Try the virtual assistant method.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Download-Failed-Installation-aborted-Result-160...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 35
abnerparedesii
in reply to: TravisNave

Use browser download

Message 4 of 35
soobiajamal

i was wondering if you found the solution, im having the same issues and the virtual agent does not help and the other download method is not working. 

soobia.jamal@gmail.com

Message 5 of 35
mrae73
in reply to: soobiajamal

Yes, unfortunately I found out that the student version is not compatible with 8.1 yet.
I had just purchased my computer so I was able to return it and get a new one with windows 8.
I was then able to download with no problems and it's been working fine.
Message 6 of 35
soobiajamal

Mine is Windows 8 .
Message 7 of 35
mrae73

That was the issue for me. Sorry I'm not more helpful.
Message 8 of 35
Anonymous

Did you ever sove this problem? i'm having the same issue...

Message 9 of 35
jessica.t
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

If you need Revit and you're working with a Windows 8.1 operating system you will need to use the 2015 version. Please see the system requirements for further details. There likely will not be a patch for previous version products to become compatible with 8.1.

If you have any other questions please let us know. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 10 of 35
Anonymous
in reply to: jessica.t

I have Windows 8.1? using parallels desktop 9? and am trying to download Revit 15 Student version. I keep getting the attached error message.

I have tried turning off the windows firewall? have tried "download now?, have also tried ?browser download?? still not working.
Would be helpful if I could connect an autodesk tech with my computer remotely to get the program up and running.

This has been extremely frustrating!
Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks,
erin
Message 11 of 35
guat.toh

Sigh, I'm facing the same problem too, once I finished download it says 'installation complete. some products failed to install'. This is exremely annoying.

Message 12 of 35
camilo.lemos
in reply to: guat.toh

Hi @guat.toh 

Are you trying to install Revit 2015? Please, note that Revit  is the only version supported on Winddows 8.1.

If you are trying to install the 2015 version and are getting the "Some Products Failed to Install" error, please try the solution described on this link.

Thank you,

Camilo Lemos

Message 13 of 35
jessica.t

Hi @Anonymous,

Thank you for the additional information! However, there isn't an attachment with your post. If you could please re-attach it to your reply that would be great. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 14 of 35
erica.twomey

I've tried repeatedly to get Revit 2015 to install on my new 8.1 laptop and it fails everytime.  Has anyone figure out how to correct this?  I need to know if I should rerturn this laptop and get windows 8. 

Message 15 of 35
TravisNave
in reply to: erica.twomey

@erica.twomey wrote:

I've tried repeatedly to get Revit 2015 to install on my new 8.1 laptop and it fails everytime.  Has anyone figure out how to correct this?  I need to know if I should rerturn this laptop and get windows 8. 

Erica,

Post your installation log.  Microsoft is forcing 8.1 on all 8.0 users anyway, so switching up isn't going to do any good.  If you are having download issues, try the virtual assistant.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 16 of 35
Anonymous

erica.twomey wrote:

Hi Erica... 

I ended up disabling my firewall and installing via "Browser Download". It takes a really long time, but it worked! 

Hope this helps. 

Message 17 of 35
erica.twomey

Disabling my firewall and using "Broswer Download" worked.  Thanks!!

Message 18 of 35
guat.toh
in reply to: erica.twomey

Hi guys,

I managed to download revit 2015. I'm student and was given the serial number and product key. 

However, my product key doesn't work at all. 

Is this something to do with the installation?

Message 19 of 35
TravisNave
in reply to: guat.toh

Did you type it in or copy/paste it?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 20 of 35
guat.toh

I tried both, still not working.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report