Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Deployment

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Joe-Bouza
442 Views, 6 Replies

Revit Deployment

I created a deployment for revit 2011 and specified a network location for content. When I start Revit it reports that the metric files do not exist and the default family does not exist. I ran the modify deployment but don't understand what is wrong - should I not be storing content on the server? Also, when reviewing the deployment I realized the default units was set to metric. I;d like to change that to Imperial but the option is grayed out in the modify deployment wizard. Any suggestions how I should configure this?

defaults.PNG

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

You'll probably want to remake your deployment.  Also, try using UNC paths instead of mapped drives and as a general rule, I avoid spaces in my paths and replace them with _ underscores. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
Joe-Bouza

I could try that, but I thought a drive letter was more flexible in the event servers need to be replace or sunset? Plus it shortens the actual path name.

Your Name
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
Joe-Bouza

Thats weird, when I go to Modify deployment there is no option the change the content path

Your Name

Your Name

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
TravisNave

You should probably redo your deployment.  UNC paths are preferred to drive mapping.  It prevents an invalid mapping, especially on a client and ensures that the path is network and not a physical drive. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 7
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: TravisNave

That is much better. Thanks

Your Name

Your Name

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
TravisNave

My pleasure.  Glad you are up and running!!

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report