Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Cant upgrade from student license to pro

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
panfil2
2350 Views, 6 Replies

Revit Cant upgrade from student license to pro

Hello

I have the student version of Revit installed on my computer, but need to use it for work now.

I recived codes from my work to install Revit through adn.autodesk.com and it seems to work fine. My problem is it still sees my Revit as a student license. The register button in license type doesnt do anything, if i click it, nothing happens.

I tried to uninstall all versions of revit and reinstal it and it didn't work. I even tried to uninstall and delete the additional Revit files s through regedit and reinstal it. But no matter what i do it still sees it as a student license.

I have before upgraded other Autodesk products from student to proffesional licenses without any trouble at all. I dont see why I cant just type in a new license or what is causing this.

Regards Mads

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
asburyj
in reply to: panfil2

Hi Mads,

I sounds like the activation information from the student version is lingering even after the reinstall. You can delete that stored infromation by doing the following. 

Find and delete a file with a name similar to this: "adskflex_00691b00_tsf" the important thing is that it begins with the adskflex. Please note once you do this all Autodesk standalone licenses on the systen will need to be reactivated. Here is the location of the file.

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet
Vista/Windows 7: C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet

Those directories are  hidden folders so if you haven't done so already you will need to enable view of hidden files on your system. You can use the instructions linked below

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Show-hidden-files

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 7
panfil2

It worked! I didn't even have to reinstall

Message 4 of 7
kcotton
in reply to: asburyj

Thank you for the tip about the adskflex files that needed to be deleted.  I have searched for some time trying to find a way to stop my new installation of Map 3d 2011 from showing as an educational product.  I deleted all the files and folders and registry entries suggested on other AutoCAD forum sites, but until I read your post, I was unable to get rid of the banner. Kudos to you.

Message 5 of 7
mschmidty1

Hi There!

I am wondering if it is possible to leave my student version installed and operational on my computer while also installing a newer, professional, licensed version of Revit on my same computer. Is this possible? If so, will my student version corrupt my professional version?

Thanks

Message 6 of 7
asburyj
in reply to: mschmidty1

if it's the actual same product and release year you can only have one type installed at a time. But you could, for example, have a student version of 2014 of a product and the commercial version of 2015 of the same. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 7 of 7
mschmidty1
in reply to: asburyj

Awesome! Thank you for your reply! That's exactly what I needed to know.

--
Matthew Schmidt

matthewschmidt.design@gmail.com
c: 406.589.5351
Bozeman, Montana

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report