Installation & Licensing

mkushin
Message 1 of 6 (127 Views)

Revit/AutoCAD Locks Up On Activation

127 Views, 5 Replies
08-28-2012 08:29 PM

So, I recently re-installed my Building Design Suite 2013, and upon activation, it told me I was out of activations (understandable).  I called Autodesk and got an activation code, but every time I input the code that was given to me, the activation screen freezes and forces me to close it down.  

Stuck with a fresh installation of Building Design Suite that I can't use because the activation screen freezes and doesn't work.  

Any suggestions?  I've tried the IE 8 downgrade solution for the "blank activation screen" issue, but that didn't work.

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 6 (116 Views)

Re: Revit/AutoCAD Locks Up On Activation

08-29-2012 09:19 AM in reply to: mkushin

Does this happen with all the products in the suite?  If you can activate one of them, then it will activate all of them.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
mkushin
Message 3 of 6 (111 Views)

08-29-2012 11:52 AM in reply to: mkushin

Yes, I've tried this with every program in the suite, and it does the same thing every time.

mkushin
Message 4 of 6 (108 Views)

08-29-2012 11:53 AM in reply to: mkushin

I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling.  I'm at a loss.  I've tried everything I can think of, and severl things I've found online.  Unless I can get some help through the gurus here, I may end up having to reinstall the entire windows installation.  So frustrating.

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 5 of 6 (107 Views)

08-29-2012 11:54 AM in reply to: mkushin

Try logging in as a different user, like local administrator. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
mkushin
Message 6 of 6 (104 Views)

08-29-2012 12:02 PM in reply to: TravisNave

I am logged in as the local administrator... 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube