Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Architecture 2012 won't finish installing

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
aosborne2
1822 Views, 4 Replies

Revit Architecture 2012 won't finish installing

Hi. I'm trying to figure out why this program won't finish installing on my laptop. I did have older versions of Revit, but I uninstalled them. I can't figure out why it won't finish. It always stops on 5 of 9 which is installing the program itself. It will install direct x and faro. Can anyone help? I don't know what else to do.

I attached a picture below to show what error pops up each time I try to install the program.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
hashim.mundol
in reply to: aosborne2

Please try

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/What-is-the-Productinformation-pit-file-amp/td-...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
aosborne2
in reply to: hashim.mundol

I tried searching for that file on my computer, and it didn't locate it anywhere. So I tried this link:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/AutoCAD-2011-64-bit-Installation-Problem/m-p/27...

I did everything it said to do including restarting my computer after deleting everything, but it still did not work when I went to download and install it again. It said the same error, but I cannot find that file. Any other suggestions?

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: aosborne2

Please note that the ProductInformation.pit file is in a normally hidden directory.  You might have to go there manually in your address bar or turn on hidden folders and files within Windows Explorer.

Delete the files in these locations:

Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Adlm

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm

And then delete this folder as well:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdLM\R1

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
aosborne2
in reply to: TravisNave

So I tried looking for that file again even in the hidden files/folders and never found it.

I ended up deleting C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm

After I deleted that, I ran the download and then started installing it. It went completely through this time without messing up or giving an error. I'm not sure if deleting that file did it or if everything I did helped. I will never know.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report