Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Architecture 2012 fails on installation

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
carrillogov
541 Views, 4 Replies

Revit Architecture 2012 fails on installation

the program keeps on failing to install correctly whenever it gets to the directx stage i have a windows vista OS please help been at it for 2 days and i need this software for a class  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: carrillogov

Include any relevant installation log files from your %TEMP% folder and any screen captures that might help.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
carrillogov
in reply to: TravisNave

here it the log file

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: carrillogov

Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x86) Failed

Go into your Control Panel > Programs and locate your Visual C++ 2005.  Select it and uninstall it.  Then run your Autodesk installer again.  It should reinstall this prerequisite and continue the installation. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5

I have same problem, but I can not ininstall Microsoft C++ 2010 Redistributibal. There is simply NO uninstall option for that in Windows 7 SP1. I found Visual Studio 2010 Uninstall Utility on MSDN Microsoft site, but it only works if I remove SP1. When I've read instraction about uinstalling SP1 I discovered that (I quote note from Microsoft site) "

If you installed SP1 yourself, you can uninstall it. However, if your computer came with SP1 already installed, it can't be uninstalled."

And we just got new computers with SP1 preinstalled. So, I can not uninstall C++ 2010 and I can not uninstall SP1 in order to install Revit 2012.

Is there really one option left - to reinstall Windows 7?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report