Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Revit Architecture 2012 Installation Problems

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
ccarpenterhchs
4725 Views, 17 Replies

*Revit Architecture 2012 Installation Problems

I ran the installation that I downloaded from the Students part of the site. The install goes as far as putting in the product code, after that it gives an error. (refer to the attachments)

Someone help me out? I can give my computer specs and other things, just reply. 

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
TravisNave
in reply to: ccarpenterhchs

Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

You need to uninstall your Visual C++ from Control Panel > Programs and then run your installer again.

ControlPanel.png

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 18
fzunit

thanx alot sorry do i have to uninstall all c++?

Message 4 of 18
TravisNave
in reply to: fzunit

Start with just the 2010 versions.  If you get failures for others, then do the same.  You should be fine as this is a common issue.  The Autodesk installer and Windows Update will put back the versions after you remove them, so there's not a lot ot be worried about.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 18

i have uninstalled almost all of my visual c++ programs and i am still having problems with my install of revit architecture 2012. what should be the next step because i am a student and my school just upgraded and i need the program up and running asap. i am attatching my log file to help with diagnostics. thank you for your time and assistance and hope to hear from you soon.

Message 6 of 18
TravisNave
in reply to: 10779706

Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable ATL Security Update (x64) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

Make sure you don't have any C++ 2005.  If it still fails, seeif you can perform the necessary update manually from Microsoft before you install.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 18

i manually installed from windows update and windows update keeps asking to download the same file over and over. i have tried removing all of my c++ 05, 08, & 10 seperately and all together and i am still having the same results. i am restarting between uninstallations/installations of c++ and nothing still getting error code 1603 for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable ATL Security Update (x64) but i have it downloaded several times (see attatchments).

Message 8 of 18

Message 9 of 18
TravisNave

Okay, well remove all the 2005 instances and do not replace them.  Run the Autodesk installer and let it install the versions it wants.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 18
jlove135
in reply to: TravisNave

Can you possibly help with my problem upon opening the install file it gets to the end and says some files can not be created and says to close all application and restart my computer i do this and start again and it says the same thing

Message 11 of 18
TravisNave
in reply to: jlove135

Post a screencap and/or logs of this.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 12 of 18
jlove135

Sure here it is

i dont know how to find the logs

Message 13 of 18
TravisNave
in reply to: jlove135

Seems like you don't have rights or something. 

This isn't Windows 8, right?  And do you have local admin rights?  Is Anti-virus off? 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 14 of 18
s-sarka

can someone please help me with this?

Message 15 of 18
Tony_Michniewicz
in reply to: s-sarka

The screen capture that you provided does not provide enough information to identify the cause of your failed installation.  If you could provide the installation log file, located in the Windows temp folder, it should have the information we need to troubleshoot this problem.  Also, it would be good to know what operating system you are running as well as a list of other Autodesk programs installed on this system.

Tony Michniewicz

Autodesk Revit QA

Tony Michniewicz
Revit Software QA Analyst
Message 16 of 18
TravisNave
in reply to: s-sarka

@s-sarka wrote:

can someone please help me with this?

Do not install Design Review.  You might already have the latest version installed.  So remove the installation check for this during install and only install Revit itself. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 17 of 18
jlove135

yeah sorry it took so long to respond but i needed to extract the files and i had a program that did it funny but its all fixed now thanks for the help
Message 18 of 18
jlove135
in reply to: Tony_Michniewicz

thank you but the problem was a program called winrar archiver and it tried exctratinge the files wrong and so i had to do it manualy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report