Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Architecture 2012 Installation Fail

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rejspencer
2473 Views, 4 Replies

Revit Architecture 2012 Installation Fail

Hello, I've been trying for the past two days to install Revit Architecture 2012 and every time I try, the installiaiton fails. This is the message I get in the installiation log:

2011/7/4:13:16:34     RJSpencer     RJSPENCER-PC     Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86): C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Revit_Architecture_2012_English_Win_32-64bit\3rdParty\x86\VCRedist\2010\vcredist_x86.exe /q /l C:\Users\RJSPEN~1\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_x86_2010.log

2011/7/4:13:16:36     RJSpencer     RJSPENCER-PC     Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

Now I'm getting fustrated because I already have Visual C++ 2010 installed on my computer and I'm getting more fustrated because the installer should see this and skip this step, correct?

I'm running an Alienware M11x, 4GB Ram, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit.

EDIT: I just wanted to add that I've already sucessfully installed and ran AutoCAD Architecture 2012 and Sketchbook Pro 2011 on this system, so I know it can run autodesk software.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: rejspencer

Copy the contents to your hard drive and edit the setup.ini file to remove the prerequisite check for Visual C++.

See this link for an example of how to edit the setup.ini file:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=12002434&linkID=9240617

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
tknauss
in reply to: TravisNave

that doesn't work for revit 2012 that only works for autocad

Message 4 of 5
pigorpipa
in reply to: rejspencer

Just uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable from your computer  and try again.. This worked for me!

Message 5 of 5

Many thanks, uninstalling the C++ 2010 was the solution... Many many thx!!! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report