Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8
minaolenvv
9807 Views, 7 Replies

Revit 2014 viewer mode

Hi,

I have the serial number and product key, but why when I using Revit 2014 it still says that I am using a viewer mode which means I cannot save, publish, export and print. Any one have some idea how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance~

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: minaolenvv

Welcome to the community.  Is your product network licensed or stand-alone?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

did you also open the right program?

there are 2 in the start menu a revit 2014 icon and a revit 2014 viewer icon

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
dembkod

minaolenvv,

Hello. You either loaded the viewer or have not activated the product. Did you ever activate your copy of Revit? When you start the program, does it ask you to activate? If not:

1. Click the drop-down next to the ? at the top right of the screen
  2. Click “About Autodesk Revit…”.
  3. Click “Product Information”
  4. Click “Activate” and follow the prompts

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 5 of 8
jacob.742
in reply to: dembkod

it is just poping up the viewer mode 

Message 6 of 8
esorensen

I'm having the same issue, only happens when I check out a license, if anyone finds a solution to this can they please publish it? I'm running the Infrastructure design suite.

Message 7 of 8
Seguin

In the LICPATH.LIC, put the IP adress of the network licence server instead of the 0.

This worked for me.

Message 8 of 8

I just had this problem. I am using Revit LT 2015. I have a full stand alone license. I worked on my file for several hours and when I tried to print recieved the error message that I was in in viewer mode. I didn't even know that existed or how I was in it. 

I was able to somehow revert to the full mode and save my work (but not after an hour of frustration and stress). I opened and closed the full version as a second window several times without luck. I finally went to saveas > library > families. It came up with a window telling me that I needed to save as before I could export a family library. For some reason this worked and I was then on the full version.

I'm not entirely sure what made it switch over and I'm a little concerned that my file is still going to have this problem. Either way, if you are having this problem try save as > library and see if it works for you. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report