Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 not Starting

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
i.franco
5636 Views, 10 Replies

Revit 2014 not Starting

Good evening. I recently installed Revit 2014 from my building design suite ultimate 2014. All the programs work perfectly, but when I try to open revit it does not start up. The "loading" screen doesn't even appear. I tried running it as an admin, on safe mode and it did not open. So, I uninstalled it and re-installed it, twice, it did not work either.

I tried monitoring it from the process tab from the windows 7 task manager and I saw that when I double-clicked the revit icon, the process tried to start, but after a few seconds it automatically closes.

Any idea why this is happening?

Regards,

Ivan Franco

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: i.franco

Go to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm and check the log file to see what error comes up.  Typically, this is a license problem.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 11
i.franco
in reply to: TravisNave

How is the file supposed to be called? This is all I see:

Captura.PNG

Message 4 of 11
TravisNave

Hmmm, I don't see the log for that program in there.  Interesting.

You have local admin rights?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 11
i.franco
in reply to: TravisNave

Yes I do.

Message 6 of 11
DannyHubbard

Ivan,

Did you install the Update 1 for Revit 2014? If not please try installing it.

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL22002894

Also check the Windows Event Viewer, under Windows Log and Application to see what errors are being reported when trying to start Revit.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 11
i.franco
in reply to: DannyHubbard

Allright, I installed the service pack and it did not work, the problem keeps happening. I checked the windows event vewer this is what is shown:

Captura1.PNG

Captura2.PNG

There is in fact some sort of execution error, but I dont have any idea of what that is. Could you help me?

Regards,

Ivan Franco

Message 8 of 11
DannyHubbard

Ivan,

If you log in as a different user can you start Revit?

Also check the Revit journals to see if there are any errors, that can be found at a path like (if they are being created).

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2014\Journals

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 11
i.franco
in reply to: DannyHubbard

Hello Dany, the program is not creating log files. It is as if it is not starting up at all.

Message 10 of 11
byron.morales

Hello i.Franco,

As Danny suggested, please create a new local user account (not part of the domain) and give it administrator permission then log into computer with this newly created test account and see if Revit launches properly under this account.

If the issue still present under this account I would recommend you do a complete uninstall as follows:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS45252

Then while still logged in with this test account, turn off Antivirus software and then re-install Revit 2014.

Let us know the results

Byron M.
Installation and Licensing
Message 11 of 11
i.franco
in reply to: byron.morales

I folowed the procedure from the link you posted and re-istalled the suite, now it works perfectly. Thank you very much for your assistance.

Regards,

Ivan Franco

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report