Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2014 installation help

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
NateWW
523 Views, 8 Replies

Revit 2014 installation help

Hello everyone, 

I'm trying to install Revit 2014 on my Lenovo Y400. I'm at the point where it's telling me to install, I keep getting this error message that I've attached. 

I've tried closing Revit from the task manager, but each time I do, it terminates the entire installation and sends me to the desktop. I've done this mulitple times, hoping for it to work. It hasn't. 

What am I doing wrong? 

Thank you very much,

-NateWW

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
DannyHubbard
in reply to: NateWW

Nate,

Using Windows Task Manager make sure the Revit.exe is not running before starting the setup process, check both the Applications and Process's tab.

If you choose OK to let the installer close the Revit.exe does the install not contiune?

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 9
NateWW
in reply to: DannyHubbard

I'm not sure what you mean by "make sure the Revit.exe is not running before starting the setup process, " If close Revit before the installation process, there is no installation process, from my understanding.

It seems like Revit needs to be open and running in order to install. Just like every other program I've ever installed.

I'm using the Download Now option, it's giving me the button to install. I click it, and it opens Revit, I press Install Now in Revit, enter my product code. I hit Install again, And it gives me the error.

When I try to hit ok, the popup pops up again. If I end Revit in the task manager, the whole process is terminated.

Sorry for the confusion, I'm just not understanding. 

Thank you.

Message 4 of 9
DannyHubbard

The Revit.exe has nothing to do with the installation process. The only time you should see the Revit.exe in the Windows Task Manager process's is when Revit is running or if the executable didn't close correctly for some reason after closing Revit.

The error you are getting indicates this executable is running when you are trying to install so certain files can not be update until the executable is closed.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 9
NateWW

I don't see Revit.exe in the task manager at all before or during the installation process. I understand now what the issue is, it's just that I don't see anywhere that revit.exe is running. 

Message 6 of 9
DannyHubbard

My only other thought would be in Task Manager on the Proceess's tab check the box at the bottom to show process for all users.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 9
NateWW

I found it under the Details tab in task manager. It says Suspended. I try to End it, and it says "This Operation could not be completed. Access denied."

Message 8 of 9
DannyHubbard

I would start but just trying a reboot to see if that will free up the Revit.exe, but not sure.

You should also read this article.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/10/windows-81-support-please-upgrade-cautiously.html

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 9
NateWW

So I finally got it to install, after 3 restarts the program finally went away. Thank you for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report